on 7 February 2002
I loved this book. I hadn't read any of Jennifer Crusies' work previously (although I have just ordered three more) and I was delighted with this book. It has great sex scenes(very hot), good characters(very funny- espcially if you have seen all of the films that are quoted) and a fast enough pace. I read this on the bus, at lunch and drying my hair and finished it in one day. Cant wait for the post...
on 19 September 2007
This is not only my favourite Jennifer Crusie, its one of my favourite romance books too. Both the main characters are likeable and Phin Tucker is one of the sexiest fictional men I have ever read. The dialogue between them is geniunely funny and filled with erotic undertones. The support cast are great too, and the sex scenes are HOT!
on 21 April 2015
Nice read. Funny and entertaining.
on 1 September 2010
This is a light-hearted and funny romantic suspense novel, high on the romance and low on the suspense. I'd recommend it if you like Buffy-style humour and aren't a prude.

I've read this book many times - it is a "go-to" comfort-read. Sophie and Phin are sympathetic and interesting characters, although as someone who's read a lot of Crusie I wouldn't class Phin as amongst her best male protagonists. Sophie, though, is great, with her tension, determination, and strong sense of responsibility towards the people who depend on her. The other characters that populate this novel are well-drawn enough although Crusie sketches them in broad brush-strokes and doesn't worry about giving them as much depth as her main characters.

Oddly enough for a romance novel this book is very much concerned with family. The siblings Sophie, Amy and Davy are written with great warmth and humour, and Phin's relationship with his daughter is treated the same way.

The novel contains certain Crusie tropes: the cute animal, the precocious kid, the hot but evil woman. It's not exactly Dostoyevsky, but it's a comforting and enjoyable read. And if you enjoyed it, definitely read 'Faking It', which features Sophie's brother Davy.
on 10 April 2010
I absolutely loved this book. I have never read any of Jennifer Crusie's books up until now and I am so glad I stumbled across this little gem! I will now be reading her other books and can't wait. This book was a page turner, one which I devoured within 2 days and couldn't put it down. It is truly a chick lit/rom com sort of book but is written from the perspective of the leading male character as well as the leading lady's character. I fell in love with these characters especially Phin the Town Mayor...he was definitely yummy and sent my pulse racing! A must read for anyone...you won't be disappointed!
on 3 July 2001
Admittedly I am writing this review before even finishing the book but I cannot get it out of my head when I'm not reading it! I have been reading it in the garden, in the bath, between TV programs, at work (breaks, of course), anywhere I can grab some silence and a seat!! I intend on finishing it tonight (I've only just stopped to watch Eastenders and have dinner). Witty, sexy, intriguing, warm, funny, inspirational - the list of attributes this book can claim is endless! A wonderful book... and Phin Tucker?!! What a hottie! Oh to be Sophie Dempsey....
on 9 May 2001
I can't overstate how much I enjoyed this terrific, sexy novel. Welcome To Temptation is just brimming with fun and laughs - I read it so quickly (because I had to know what happened at the end) that I've now read it again, so that I could savour the jokes and revel in the subtle murder mystery that elevates this book above most others in this area. I have to say too that Phin Tucker is the sexiest male character I've encountered since Mr Darcy. Read this book - you'll be missing out on a wonderful experience if you don't.
on 1 August 2001
I started and finished this book in one day-- it just wrapped me up in the story and I couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. Crusie's humour had me laughing out loud- much to the bemusement of my family but now they've read it they understand. In my view it's a "Mills & Boon" written by someone with wit and intelligence-- I can't fault it.
on 4 May 2009
I first read this on my honeymoon six years ago, since then I have read every other book by Crusie but this is far and away the best. I would go as far to say this is my favourite book in the whole world, one that I have reread countless times. I love the setting, the characters and the plot. Just incredible!
on 17 May 2001
This is her best book yet. I've just ordered my second copy for a friend, which I know will increase her fan list by one, no question about it. I'm not a fan of 'woman's' fiction but I love Jennifer... These characters are so rich in depth and the repartee is excellent. GREAT FUN!!!