on 23 January 2009
An excellent book with a reasonable amount of poems in each section. Many are very well known, but there are also quite a lot that I had not heard before. An fab book for anyone who loves poetry, but particularly good for primary school teachers.
on 13 April 2013
I remember my teacher having this book when I was in Primary School, and now as a teacher myself I have to say it is a wonderful resource. You have no need to feel nervous about poetry, there is a beautiful range of poetry and clear instructions about how to create your own poems.

It's a wonderful book, I can't stop singing it's praises! As a student teacher I gave a copy to every teacher whose class I was placed in. It's amazing!
on 27 April 2013
I have used this to read to a Year 1 class and they love it (as do I). loads of different poems to choose from. there is literally a poem for every theme or topic! the children couldn't wait to here a poem from this book.
on 24 November 2013
This is a good poetry book to pick up and read and discuss a poem with your class. However some poems are complex and aimed at a higher age group than primary school. Overall I would recommend it.
on 30 December 2010
Excellent Poetry Book. The Works contains a wide range of poem and fits nicely with the National Strategy. As an NQT I would recommend this book for use in primary school classrooms.
on 7 March 2013
This book is brilliant for helping my kids to study poetry for their exams, the book is split into poetry categories like, sonnets, limericks, songs and also raps!
on 10 August 2013
This book is a valuable tool in the classroom.
I use it for storyline sessions and have different pieces of texts available to fill the odd five minute slots.
on 29 October 2013
Arrived very quickly and in absolute perfect new condition. Was just what I needed, a great selection of poetry. Extremely happy with my purchase thank you.
on 30 August 2016
This is the second copy of this book that I have bought after losing the first one, it will come in handy in my new class!
on 20 July 2013
Just what we needed for literacy! I can use it regularly and every time read a different poem, as well as old favourites.