Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 December 2014
This book is the best in the series, but please don't just skip the first two books, they are amazing as well!
The ending is so tempting to want to know what happens between Pierce and John! If only Meg would write a fourth one, it would make my day if i found out a fourth one existed!
Just read this on my new Kindle Paperwhite, it was definitely the best first book this Kindle was used for!!!!
Give it a go, it might not sound like your thing, but you never know!
I didn't think i was into this kind of style, but now it is my favourite genre, it even overrides my love for vampire novels!
on 30 March 2015
I enjoyed Awaken far more than I did the previous books. I didn't want to put this down and kept turning pages. All the loose ends were tied up nicely and there were no questions left unanswered. Even the back story concerning Uncle Chris and Seth Rector's dad was tied up nicely.

I even liked Pierce a lot more in this Awaken than I did in Abandon or Underworld. She actually began to use her brain more and even kicked some butt. She has definitely changed from the stupid and spoiled rich girl of Abandon.

One thing I wasn't sure about was that some of the plot points were tied up rather easily. It seemed a rather convenient and lazy way to tie up some parts.

I believe that many teen girls would love the Abandon trilogy, especially those that are fans of Twilight.
on 20 July 2015
I read the previous book and enjoyed it so much that I had to get this one. Sadly this is the last one in this series but I shall look for other books by Meg Cabot. Well written enjoyable books with likeable characters.
on 22 November 2014
Christmas gift for my grandson he has wanted to have these books for a long time now so have purchased them for him he will be very pleased on christmas day I am sure. I would buy again as there was prompt delivery and packaging was good ......good buy.....
on 15 April 2014
I enjoyed all three books and as a tween of 62 found them easy reading. Thing I didn't feel necessary was reminding the reader what has gone before to such a degree.Look forward to reading from this author.
on 23 October 2013
Was waiting for EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER for this to come out. The book was interesting, read it all in around 6 hours I couldn't put it down. However, there could have been more things that happened like in the other 2 previous books, I feel like this was either rushed/ didn't have enough ideas in it. But still, was a lovely book that I enjoyed.
on 31 January 2014
Wow - I loved this series. Gripping. I read Awaken in one day, I just couldn't put it down. The characters were enthrawling, as well as the story. This book made me laugh and cry. Thoroughly recommend along with the others in the abandon series. :)
on 26 September 2013
This was a fantastic book that you can't put down, it has you hanging on till the very end. Was not expecting the book to go the way it did but it was much much better than I was expecting and it had me crying at the start but it made me happy at the end, sad it's over though. Fantastic book and trilogy thank you meg cabot and please make a bonus book with there wedding and there child in there please!!!
on 25 July 2014
Absolutely awesome book!! But then I can't be surprised as Meg Cabot seems to always leave me feeling as though I want more after every single book of hers I have read! And my goal is to read all of them! She is a truly amazing writer and I would recommend this book to teenage girls because it's so much easier to go understand what pierce is going through when you are the same age. I wish I was more like Pierce though! So sad the books have come to an end! Great stories that I will keep forever and re-read(after a break!!) Truly amazing end to a truly amazing sequel! Thank you
I read Abandon and Underworld last year and I was super excited for this one when I'd finished those two. But, by the time this one came out, I'd completely forgotten what had happened in the first two and I just couldn't be bothered re-reading them. I just dove straight into this one hoping that there would be some re-capping. There was a little, but I still don't remember much of what happened in the first two.

I actually didn't enjoy Awaken as much as I remember enjoying the first two (although I may have been very lenient about the star rating I gave them since I read them before I started blogging), but it wasn't awful.

Pierce came across as a strong character (most of the time) in this book. All of the power was on her shoulders and she managed to handle everything and also make some changes. The only times she didn't appear strong were when she was moping over John. She was so focused on him and it was like her whole life revolved around him and she would do absolutely anything for him. It started to get pretty annoying.

John wasn't as swoony as I remember him being. He was broody and mysterious, but I'd completely lost my attraction for him. Maybe it was because he always wanted Pierce to stay behind while he went off to fight and it started to really bug me. He didn't realise how strong and independent Pierce was and it annoyed me.

Pierce and John's relationship was... strange. There's no other word for it. He's the ruler of the underworld (basically) and she's a human. They were both so reliant on each other (Pierce especially) and I just didn't enjoy their relationship in this one.

The storyline was interesting, but there were parts of it that I found completely ridiculous. Some parts felt like they were just thrown in to make the book longer, and I honestly didn't care about most of it. I was just interested in seeing how everything worked out in the end. The ending was good and was definitely a great ending to the series, but like I said, I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two.

Overall, I'd still recommend reading this book. If it's been a while since you read Abandon and Underworld, I'd definitely recommend re-reading them before starting on this one.