on 25 July 2009
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
As an adult fan of Meg Cabot's Avalon High series, and her Mediator series, I was sort of looking forward to reading this as I was unsure at first by the blurb (back page info) but like any good reader did not judge by its cover (even though that too is pretty cool and links with Cabot's other well-written works such as Avalon High and the Princess Diaries, and her newest one- Jinx). This book though is not for under-14s, there are slight hints of adult themes- fidelity, drinking, and modern issues such as spyware covered in here and the plot too complex for under-13s not only to fully understand, but to enjoy as well. I enjoyed the book as it is told from a first person point of view (a fellow video gamer) and if you like films such as It's A Boy/Girl Thing [DVD] [2006], She's The Man [DVD] [2006], you will definitely enjoy this. I was hooked from the first chapter and read it without putting the book down once. I can't wait for the sequel (s). It may seem weird at first, but it will sort of (hence the waiting for the sequels) make sense. Some readers may associate a couple of characters to well known celebrities!

The story is about a high school tomboy, Emerson Watts (Em for short) who dislikes the popular `airheads' and is more comfortable playing video games with best friend Chris. But thanks to an accident and some brain surgery becomes a famous teen model Nikki Howard, the biggest airhead of all. Learning how to be Nikki is not as easy as Em thought- and that's just her beauty regime! However there is something sinister going on the background of Em/ Nikki's already complicated life and it has something to do with Stark Enterprises...
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2009
I thought this book was fabulous! The bizzare thing is, it is 20 years since I was a teenager and even then this is the sort of book that I would have been unlikely to read but yet I found myself not wanting to put it down!

It is the story of a freak accident involving tom-boy, nerdy Emerson Watts and teen supermodel Nikki Howard that means Em's brain is transplanted into Nikki's body. I read it while drying my hair, in the bath, eating tea, and I just wanted to keep turning those pages into the night. It really was such good fun and I am now looking forward to reading the next in the series when it comes out. Who'da thunk?

Pink, fluffy, great fun!
on 13 May 2018
I read this book as a teen and loved it. I never managed to read the next two in the trilogy, so I decided it was about time I did!

Such a good YA book, excited to read the rest.
on 4 June 2017
Funny, sad with a twist of suspense. I enjoyed it even if it is teenager story.
on 9 May 2012
Ohmigosh seriously one of my absolutely fave meg books, it waas just soooo different to anything I have EVER read!!! So yeah, I hope this helps you...

and one more thing-

BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT.BUYIT. Buy It!
on 7 October 2014
I love this book, it is a very dramatic finish to the trilogy, I would recommend reading the guest two first because you would not under stand all of the things that had happened. overall a must read for girls aged 12-16!
on 16 August 2013
After reading that stunning read I think I want to be Nikki Howard (not literally, but I think it would be fun!) Anyway I recommend this book to everyone and everyone above the age of 12! WHAT A READ!
on 29 April 2015
My oppinnion on this ebook is: a girly ebook packed with romance,adventure,good looks and misfortunes. this series has been breathtaking a truly great ebook.Age wise I would say preteen world be fine.Meg Cabbot you rock!!!!Keep writing about romance!
on 10 December 2013
The story as a whole seemed a bit far-fetched but i cannot disregard the style that Meg Cabot has put into this book. It is a good read for young girls and it is nice when the main character is a girl that most young girls are able to relate to, rather than a dream girl who can do anything. Overall i enjoyed this book
on 15 November 2013
Brilliant book an excellent read. Always very funny throughout and made me laugh a lot. Probably best for a teenage read. A huge recommendation couldn't put the book down! Please read!!xx