on 26 May 2016
Bought as a gift, the recipient said it's what you'd expect from an unauthorized biography.
Nothing really to add to the already available material published on Axl Rose - mainly focuses on GnR as a band, not Rose.
Wall is (was?) a Kerrang! journalist so its written in the same style and reads as very bias. The only information on Rose featured within this book is available through interviews from the man himself.
If you'd like a no-holds-barred look into life within GnR, I highly recommend Slash's biography - it may not be a literary masterpiece but at least it's written by someone who was actually there throughout everything.
on 1 April 2018
Bought as a present and was very well received.
on 25 July 2014
great
on 24 November 2015
All good!
on 17 January 2015
I got the 2007 hardback version of this book.

Turgid and misleading. This is a biography about Guns n' Roses not Axl Rose.

Did I get insights into Axl's character and motivations? Marginally. Was it a good read? Mildly diverting. Well researched? In parts, but many inaccuracies. Gets facts about Slash's upbringing wrong and says Axl crowned Izzy 'King of Beers'. Okay, that might not sound like much - a beer error - but if you like popular culture it is worth knowing that it was after Duff McKagan that Duff Beer was named in The Simpsons, one of the most culturally significant series of recent times.

Mick Wall is far too fond of his own voice, banging on about his involvement with the band. He was a journalist interviewing them. He was doing his job.

Compare this book to J Randy Taraborrelli's Michael Jackson: The Magic and The Madness. The latter had me on the edge of my seat, was thoroughly researched and made me go out and buy the music. Wall's book will be shelved and used mostly for its bibliography.
One person found this helpful
on 18 March 2013
Was a Birthday gift for my son who has been a fan of Axl Rose for many years, he said it was good to read about him.
3 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2013
I'm not finished reading this, but the more I get into it, the more it looks like just another Axl-bashing session and seems to favor the former members of Guns N' Roses.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 March 2015
Happy with my purchase
on 29 April 2013
Better than the dirt.
Mick Wall is a fantastic writer and was there when the wheels were in motion and then subsequently came off all together.
Excellent rock journalism.
Great read.
Axl is a strange man.
It's good to be reminded of the context this all happened in. A period of rock history, and indeed our lives, that most of us choose to forget.
At that time, when the right man for the job was needed, it could only have been Axl Rose.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 July 2012
Great service, fast postage, it arrived in no time, a book with unknown information on the history of Guns! It describes Axl Rose a the red-head dictator that split Guns but since I love Axl, I'm not sure I can accept this version.
One person found this helpful