on 4 December 2005
I love this book. It`s very well written, very clear, and it delivers! I`m a pilates teacher, and sometimes find it hard to fit my own sessions into a busy life with a family. This book made it easy, and having announced to my clients that I was going to follow the programme for 4 weeks several of them joined in.The results were impressive, we lost from half an inch to an inch from the waist, and an inch to 2inches from the hips!! We also felt stronger and more flexible, and for myself there was the unexpected bonus of a real confidence boost. We are all familiar with the Body Control Pilates method, but found this book fresh and fun. The workouts took no more than half an hour once we got used to them, and the quick results made it self-motivating. It`s a committment, but it works.
on 11 June 2005
This book has everything. It tells you about the different body shapes, and how to work on them to get the best results for your body. It has a long introduction to all the basic moves, with pictures and how to perform them, and what you need to think about to do them correctly. There are exercies for the hole body with step-by-step descriptions and pictures. At the end there is 5 workout programs for each body shape. It's a basic book, but it includes programs with new and more advanced exercises, for which you can use when you get stronger and more used to the movements.
The only con is that some of the descriptions are so long, that you might want someone to read them to you when you do the exercise... But you might want someone to do and watch the exercises with you anyway, so you know that you are doing them right...
on 21 January 2006
This is a really well written and sensible Pilates book. Having had Pilates lessons to intermediate level, I found the explanation of the basic principles excellent, with clear instructions and illustrations. The workouts are tailored to your shape, which is extremely useful. I haven't had the book long, so can't comment on whether I'll have "a new body in 4 weeks" but I certainly think it will improve my fitness level and shape.