on 4 April 2006
If you have read 'Feeling Sorry for Celia' and loved it, then no doubt you'll love this too. If you haven't, buy them both now. I know the book is aimed at girls around their early to mid teens, but it's hard not to like this book no matter who you are. The plot is well planned, the characters are likeable (well, the main ones are, at least) and the dialogue is at times hilarious, and often sad.
Three girls in year ten are among those in their English class who are being made to become pen pals with kids from the local 'rough' school. At first they are apprehensive about it, but soon find themselves friends with the boys they are writing to. Cassie, however, doesn't get it easy like her two friends. I won't tell you what happens because that would spoil the plot, but I'll leave you with this: this book is will stay with you for a long time.
on 15 May 2004
Wow! This book is a fantastic read, and the plot doesn't die out towards the end, as it does in many books. You truly begin to feel the anguish of Cassie, but it leaves you unable to empathize with her. It really made me feel lucky.... Reading this has made me buy Feeling Sorry for Celia. As I was approaching the last few pages, I began to feel dread, as I didn't want to finish this book! A must buy for all teenagers! With Unexpected twists and reconciliations, this is a book you'll regret not buying....
on 2 January 2005
Finding Cassie crazy is utter bliss for all teens age 13-17.It's the sequel to the fantastic feeling sorry for Celia.It's sad,funny and imposible to put down.It is very cleverly written(all through letters)and tells the tale of three best friends Cassie,Lydia and Emily and their experience writng to boys from a rival school as a school pen pal project.The books describes how the project effects their life and friendship and the odd,emotional and hilarious situations the girls get into.Compulsory for all teens
on 29 May 2005
I borrowed this book from the local library yesterday and couldn't put it down until I finished it. Slightly confusing, not something to read while your half concentrating, or half asleep!
A brilliant book though, far better than the previous book, Feeling Sorry For Celia. There are clever links between the two books as the characters are loosely related.
The ending was terrific and made me laugh, an overall excellent book.
on 22 October 2003
I have never read such a funny, witty book in all my life! I was constantly in stitches, as this quirky book was so realistic. The characters are totally believable, and often reminded me of myself, or people I know. I loved the first book, 'Feeling Sorry For Celia', but this was even better. It is the perfect summary of the life of a teenager, and a total must-read. Buy it!
on 29 December 2004
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, if you have read THE YEAR OF SECRET ASSIGNMENTS by the same author. it's the same book but with a different cover and a different title. i love this author. But see my review under THE YEAR OF SECRET ASSIGNMENTS. Amazon please remove one of these books from your online store or at least flag up that it's the same book. And can i have my money back. please.
on 18 July 2004
I loved this, it is absolutely hilarious! One of those books that you can dip into and mean to read just a few pages but end up reading half the book! Very, very good. The only reason I gave this 4 stars rather than 5 is that the ending is TERRIBLE, but on the whole a fantastic book that is well worth a read.
on 18 November 2003
This book is about three best friends Cassie, Lydia and Emily, who have to participate in a pen pal project for English.
The book starts with Lydia writing in her note-book that promises to turn her into an author. That's what made me decide to read it; I'd never read a book that starts like that and I loved it!
From there it only gets better, as the letters are exchanged between the Ashbury and Brookfield students. They are written in such a unique and humorous way that it was impossible to put the book down. My only complaint is that I found the main characters to be very similar and occasionally had to backtrack to remind myself who's who.
Apart from that this is a great book that I would highly recommend to all teenagers.
on 8 January 2006
Sequel to "Feeling Sorry for Celia," "Finding Cassie Crazy" is an awesome book. It keeps you interested from the moment you begin to read, and is hilarious in some parts, but quite sad in others. Sometimes you can get a little bored in parts, but overall a great book.
on 27 December 2003
This book needs to be read only after reading Feeling Sorry For Celia. I can tell you that upon finishing Celia and starting Cassie Crazy you will not regret it. The letters, email, notices, diaries, and the stupid learn-to-write notebook tell the story and although you might be confused at first, you'll warm to it.
This book made me cry, giggle, and help understand the Celia book from more angles. I wonder now if another book gets written that will help us understand Finding Cassy Crazy even more.
Moriarty has created the best world I have ever seen. Read it, wear it out, love it.