Customer reviews

Fudge-a-Mania
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 July 2015
My class of 8 year-olds loved previous 'Fudge' books I read to them and this was no exception. Arrived promptly and was well packaged. Much cheaper than book-shop prices too!
on 14 April 2017
It was a very funny book at the end two enemies became related so just so funny best book ever
on 19 December 2015
Not good
on 27 March 2016
Great for people in 4th - 7th grade. I liked it a lot. You should really start with the first one, or they won't make sense. (Written by a 9 year old fourth grade student)
on 12 January 2014
A very good book for a boy who struggles with reading and avoids reading at any cost. Bought for an eleven year old
on 22 September 2013
She is such a great writer for the kids, very funny, very in kids voices, awesome for getting kids reading and laughing!
on 1 July 2013
Great to teach toddlers how to hold a cup without the all to frequent spills. we did however have the lets tip it up and see what happens to learn from but the product is great. i purchased 2 for myself and 1 for a friends little girl.
on 3 October 2012
Daisy (11) for [...]

I have read the Fudge series so much that I probably know each book off by heart. It starts off by Fudge telling his older brother Pete he is getting married.... There are three problems with this; Fudge is only 5, he is supposedly marrying Pete's arch nemesis, the `queen of cooties' herself, disgusting Sheila Tubman and, he hasn't actually asked Sheila yet. Then they set off on a10 hour car drive to Maine for a family holiday with a noisy bird, a barking dog and a crying baby.

When they eventually arrive, the Tubmans are there already! Fudge makes new friends, teaches his pet bird to speak Spanish, writes a book about himself, turns himself blue and is a `ring bearer' at his grandma's wedding. A lot goes on in Fudge's world and not a lot of it makes sense (except to fudge!)

These books have been around for years and years and have stood the test of time. My mum read these when she was younger and has read them to all the classes that she has taught. All the pages are falling out of our copies because they are so well thumbed. I recommend the whole series including: `Tales of the fourth grade nothing' (first published in 1972 and the first in the series), `Superfudge', `Fudge-a-mania' and `Double Fudge'. There is also a spin-off story called `Otherwise known as Sheila the great'.

Verdict: When we read these books together even my dad comes in to listen and more than once we've laughed so much we can't go to sleep because we are so excited.
VINE VOICEon 17 January 2004
I first "met" Peter and Fudge when I was 9 years old and a progressive school teacher decided to read the series to the class.
It was the first "fun" book that I was ever introduced to, and even now as an adult, I enjoy reading them
Fudge-a-mania is truly excellent.
on 10 April 2001
I brought this book to read to my class of 8 yr olds and it made for the most enjoyable reading times I have experianced. The children laughed, I laughed and now I have the whole fudge collection. A must have for every parent or teacher who wants something that they can enjoy with their children.