on 30 December 2016
I'd not read this before and I can see why this is a classic Judy Blume! Loved it!
on 15 September 2016
I remember reading this book in the 4th grade and understanding Margaret very well. Now as an adult I still love this book and the warm feeling it gives me inside.
on 15 August 2017
I've read this book a couple of times now and really enjoyed and understood it. I'd recommended it to all girls.
on 17 August 2017
Brought this for my daughter who growing up so quickly. When I was growing up I loved it that's why I bought it.
on 10 February 2013
I read this when I was young and my daughter has now read it and said it was a really good book.
on 18 June 2016
I encountered this on a book list and wasn't greatly looking forward to it - I didn't know anything about it and the God bit in the title was off-putting. What I found was that this was a wonderful insight into the mind of a twelve year old girl. I'm a forty two year old gay man who doesn't have sisters and never had any girl friends of that age. This book allowed me to see life from a different point of view. And the God bit? Was beautifully natural, just the kind of way I sometimes talk to a God that I cannot define even now. I loved this book.
on 19 October 2015
I am 28 years old, yet I can still read this book over and over again. I remember when I first read it at primary school, my friends and I all got excited for the things Margaret spoke about, bras, periods, boys. All the things that get on our nerves now lol.
I just love going back to read it again and feeling the same feeling as I did when I was younger. Really excited for the unknown ahead
on 25 December 2014
BIT BORING AT THE START BUT THEN IT GOT A LOT MORE INTERESTING!!!! I FOUND THE DEAR GOD BITS BORING.XπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚ by rajdeep shergill
on 21 December 2016
I read this when I was 12 and loved it, am now 41 and have bought for my stepdaughter and niece who both loved Margaret. Obviously written in a time before the Internet age and mobile devices but it's still relevant to this generation of preteens. The friendship ups and downs, fitting in, boys, boobs, periods, school, parents, and of course the odd chat with God to see if he has any of the answers. Margaret will always be one of my heroines.
on 3 September 2015
Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret may have first been published in 1970 but it is still relevant today and can be considered a modern classic. Somehow the story hasn’t been dated and remains quite contemporary.

The underpinning theme of religion and the search for religion may be uncomfortable to some, however much can be learnt from this book despite your views.

Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret is a lovely coming of age story, showing that there is no need to choose everything at once, some decisions can wait, and sometimes what you think you want is something you may already have…