on 21 March 2011
This is a book of crossword puzzles with many clues based on (sometimes very obscure) general knowledge. I have to say that I find some of the clues pretty poor actually but it's fine for flights and holidays. However, I am intrigued to see 'Used' copies available. How much demand can there be for used crossword puzzles ?
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2012
These crosswords, first published in 1999, all use 15 x 15 grids which is a format that is easy to fit onto the page. The level of difficulty often seems easy but not always and there may be some clues which stump you. If you guess the answer you will often be right. I.e. the question may seem complex but the answer is very often a common word. However, I also struggled a lot on some of them even to the extent of giving up and looking at the answer. I might not have done so if I had not mistrusted the clues. There was the occasion misprint or errors. E.g. one glaring mistake was that Patrese won the 1992 Portuguese Grand Prix, not Mansell. (Patrese won the 1992 Japanese Grand Prix). Something like that can really spoil a crossword. On balance though, the puzzles are a great test of your knowledge, spelling ability, and your powers of finding answers. Some good reference books or the internet will be needed to solve them all.
on 7 July 2010
We keep buying this series of crossword books because they are the best that we have found for our level of knowledge. We can't always complete the crosswords but it is fun trying :) When we reached the last one available we just re-oredred the first book again as we could not remember all the clues and answers anyway after a longish period of time! Recommended!
on 2 August 2010
Great Fun and not too difficult, why isn't there No 2 - 3 - etc. I ended up buying the same edition as the one that we had completed so had to pass it on to a friend.
on 19 October 2016
poor
on 29 October 2012
The crosswords in this book are just right if you have a short break. They contain a good mixture of clues for a range of abilities which can stretch your thinking but give you the satisfaction of solving a puzzle.
on 14 May 2013
The Sunday Telegraph Book of General Knowledge Crosswords is a first class crossword teaser and always enjoyable and challenging. Book arrived on time and well packaged. Thank you.
on 4 April 2013
Excellent service and quality item, would definitely recommend to others.
Item is just what i was looking for and more than happy to buy from you again in the near future :)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 December 2016
A good mixture of fairly accessible crosswords with a suitable degree of difficulty to make them challenging. I have found them both relaxing and challenging.
on 9 March 2014
MY DAUGHTER PURCHASED THIS FOR HER FATHER IN LAW. WE ARE NOT INTO CROSSWORDS BUT HE WAS WELL PLEASED AND ENJOYED DOING THE CROSSWORDS. GREAT PRESENT.