on 9 August 2014
Wilbur Smith is an Iconic writer mainly on historical African subjects which he writes very well and has been able to hold my attention for over 30 years I always look forward to his new releases, this e book replaces a paperback of the same title which I had lost
on 29 August 2013
Really good book, well written, I can honestly say I did not want to put this book down. Lots of twists and turns throughout story and well thought through characters who make you believe in the family bond between the Courtneys and the greed and hatred of the people who what want to see their family destroyed.
on 8 May 2013
I love this book telling the story of jim courteney setting out in to the world with louisa and exploring africa. Also following the story of mansur and his exploits in oman. I don't want to give too much away about the story but it is fabulous. also worth a read is Monsoon and Birds of Prey both by Wilbur Smith about the same family. A great adventure story.
on 11 October 2017
I never miss any of Smith's books, wow, what an author.
on 5 February 2017
Great deal, good product and quick delivery, what more could you ask for
on 23 October 2017
Great book , recommended.
on 17 September 2012
Wilbur Smith's ability to come up time and time again with fascinating historically based fiction is second to none. I have learned far more about history in reading his books than I ever did in history lessons at school and his books are far more interesting than history lessons ever were.
on 19 February 2016
wilbur smith can tell a story . history of southern africa is so good and exceptional.
on 25 February 2017
A GOOD READ!
on 5 April 2013
I do find W S stories exciting nd discriptive, however I dislike intensly the very dicriptive sexual scenes,and debated not buying and reading his books because of this. When I get to these parts at present I just miss them out as I find them distastefull.Other than that I find thstories quite acompelling read.