• Once
  • Customer reviews

on 19 June 2017
This book is not worth the time! The story makes no sense. It's just someone imagination running wild. I really did not enjoy the book and found it a total waste of my time and money. Very disappointed.
on 17 July 2017
Couldn't put this down! Always something to keep you entertained. I have read a few books by James Herbert and really like the Author. The way he writes this story really paints the picture in your head and I love to imagine every detail!
on 28 May 2017
I am sorry to say I cannot get the book on my kindle it is very basic
on 6 April 2017
One of my favourite authors. love this book but my copy always goes missing so ONCE again bought another copy
on 21 April 2013
I loved this book. It was a pleasure to read again on the Kindle and be transported into the realms of the Faerie folk and the battle between good and evil. Read it!
on 24 June 2017
Read many years ago worth rereading
on 1 June 2017
What a book! Not what I was expecting at all. Bit disappointed with the end but very discriptive writing! Wow!
on 6 July 2013
James Herbert is the man in black (of the book world). I've read all his work and this is one is really good and very dark.
KARRIE.
on 18 November 2013
I love James Herbert as a horror writer, this book is quite different for him but I am enjoying it, quite fanciful.
on 1 January 2014
Despite a few sections being terribly long-winded for me, I loved the way Herbert painted the scenery. I literally felt like I was in the sunny woods, in the small stone cottage and enjoying the subtle flowers. When the elements of fantasy ebb into the story it is so enthralling that you cannot look away! Herbert has really done his research when it comes to elves, brownies, imps, gnomes, and the far more darker creatures that haunt the shadows. He also draws a lot of attention on things not being as they appear. Although, there are a few moments where the main character is being slap-your-head ignorant, but then I suppose it adds to the anticipation of his reaction when HE gets onto the same page as YOU! Excellent twists and turns!