TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 May 2016
Janet Evanovich has done it again, she made me snort coffee out of my nose and she left me with stomach ache from laughing so hard. This is without a doubt one of my favourite comedic series and I'm enjoying it just as much on a reread.

Stephanie is one of the most completely clueless bounty hunters you'll ever come across, you'd think she might be getting the hang of things by now but really she just blunders along in her own little world seemingly catching the bad guys by accident. I know she's a klutz and I know she's totally hopeless but I can't help it, I love her anyway! Her sassy attitude and snark is a constant source of amusement and her crazy family and fun sidekicks just add to the hilarity. Grandma Mazur gets a lot of page time in this book and I love that nutty old bird just as much, you can definitely tell which side of the family Stephanie takes after.

Just when you think Stephanie has her love life sorted something comes along and mixes it up, in this case it's her growing attraction to Ranger and his darkly seductive flirting that sends her pulse racing. Ranger is in trouble and for once he's the one who needs Stephanie's help. He's been set up for murder and it's up to our hapless heroine to try and prove his innocence, something which is definitely easier said than done. Then you have Morelli, he's her on again / off again lover and while their relationship might currently be in the off position he's not given up on changing that. In fact he's going all out to win Stephanie around to his way of thinking.

Throw in a deranged arsonist, a rather large dog who will eat anything, two newly destroyed cars, and a new permanent houseguest and Stephanie is way out of her depth. I don't think I'll ever get enough of these books and I can't wait to read the next one!
on 12 May 2011
When I began reading my first Stephanie Plumb book [ One for the money ] I didn't know quite what to expect. However I very quickly discovered it was an absolute gem, and as I read more and more of Janet Evanovich's books about the misfit bounty hunter and as the characters evolved and became more and more interesting [ grandma Mazur is something else isn't she; likewise Lulu is one hell of a girl ] they got better and better, and I have now lost count of the times I have cried laughing aloud as I read them.

I'm now up to 'Seven Up' and a devoted 'Stephanie Plumb' fan.

Humour and crime stories may not be everyones cup of tea, but if these categories appeal to you [ and I asume they do, otherwise you would probably not be looking at this review in the first place ] and if you haven't already done so, all I can say is give Spephanie Plumb a go. But if you do, read them in sequence because the characters do evolve from book to book.
on 27 January 2013
These Stephanie Plum novels are the best I have read and I am completely hooked. What will she get up to next? Or, rather, who will blow up her car, kidnap her or try to kill her next! But she always survives, with the help of Joe Morelli her Italian/American boyfriend and Ranger (otherwise Carlos Manoso) her Cuban/American steamy hot and hard mentor in the bounty hunter business who has the ability to be everywhere and break into Stephanie's apartment whenever he wants. Joe only puts up with Ranger because he has the ability to keep Stephanie (fairly) safe in her bounty hunting forays. These books are unputdownable. If I take one to bed I cannot sleep until I have finished it and then I am eagerly awaiting the next one.
on 1 November 2017
Need a sense of humour to read this series
on 1 September 2013
I enjoy Janet Ivanovitch's style.......easy to read and just enough tension to keep interest in her story. Nothing at all to dislike unless
your reading matter is only historical. I'd recommend her series to anyone with life in their soul.
on 10 May 2001
A very good friend recommended this author to me & since reading her first book I've been hooked . The latest book in the series was not a disappointment . I read this book with a mixture of dread ( how quickly does Janet write !!?? ) & excitement ( I was desperate to know where the characters would lead me & what situations our heroine would get herself into ). I too would like to spread the word - if you want an excellent read , read this
One person found this helpful
on 10 January 2017
love it
on 10 January 2017
great read
on 4 May 2011
Stephanie Plum causes mayhem again. I bought this for a colleague at work to whom I had lent volume 1. Now she is roaring through them at a huge rate, reading on the Tube and unable to suppress outright guffaws at Stephanie's antics.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 November 2000
I devour these books like sweets and always feel sick and disappointed when I get to the end, because I have to wait for the next installment. This one has a killer cliff hanger that left me more than usually frustrated. This woman is a brilliant author. More, more, more....
One person found this helpful