on 15 January 2013
Many books claim that they can change your life. If you follow this through the steps you will learn some techniques that really will change your life for the better. Promise.
on 23 April 2014
I often buy a book and find it's not as advertised, but this book works for me. You don't have to do everything in one go and dipping back into it is the best for me...
on 15 March 2013
Great ideas and support to increase your creativity. Well written intriguing and also provides an online group of like minded people to share your inspired work with.
on 7 October 2011
I'm on week two but I'm already feeling a lot more creative and positive. I can see how this book would also help a little with depression. It's very uplifting.
on 11 May 2015
Excellent book to inspire creativity and help readers to regain enthusiasm and control of their lives. A recommended read for any one going through some changes or wanting to go through some changes in their life, anyone creative or anyone who perhaps feels they are lacking creativity. This book helps - set aside the time required and commit to the read and exercises. Really enjoyable course in "Self".
on 26 February 2013
I would use this seller again. The book arrived as described and promptly.

The Artist's Way had been recommended to me many times over the years but I guess I was only ready to fully ingest its content now. This book is a must read for writers, artists, creatives and those who want to tap into their creativity. It is a workbook that really does help you become the artist you want to be.
on 29 September 2013
This book has changed my life, and I highly recommend it! Julia Cameron has written it really beautifully and easy to understand. It is sure to kick start your creativity if you follow her advice! As a result of this book, I got a City and Guilds in sewing, became a workshop leader, and took my music career to a whole new level! It has helped massively, and is such good fun too! A+ Self Help Guide!
on 7 November 2017
a bit too religious and long. didn't finish it, too boring
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 March 2013
A must read for every artist new & weathered, even if you take one point from the book well worth buying.
on 30 July 2008
Much creativity is lost between the time we are young children and when we become adults. The school system, societal influences, and even maturity itself eventually whittles away the artist in most people.

Julia Cameron systematically addresses subjects to release the enormous creativity we all have. I found the book useful for stimulating an artist's though processes. Improving one's creativity is a key element in developing the right brain for Critical Thinking.

The Artist's Way validated several ideas that I had picked up through the years. I have been fortunate to have a very creative family. My sister has created amazing miniatures for many years. After retirement my father became an amazing wood carver ( I have a ship he carved on my mantle in the living room) and my mother an excellent painter (some of her painting are displayed prominently around my house).

This book's twelve week system is a good common sense approach to using the right side of the brain much more effectively. The book chapters each focus on twelve subjects. They are: Recovering a sense of safety, identity, power, integrity, possibility, abundance, connection, strength, compassion, self-protection, autonomy and faith.

There are many great ideas to ponder in the book. For example, in the chapter: ecovering a sense of Power, Cameron writes:

"Remember that creativity is a tribal experience and that tribal elders will initiate the gifted youngsters who cross their path. This may sound like wishful thinking, but it is not. Sometimes an older artist will be moved to help out even against his or her own wishes. "I don't know why I'm doing this for you, but..." Again, I would say that some of the helping hands may be something more than human."

Some people may like the considerable connection to the universe (or God) that Cameron uses. Others may not. However, the force of the universe is something that no man or woman completely understands and it does seem to govern many of what happens in our lives (Karma etc). Accepting there are things that we don't understand and striving to have these forces on our side is a good thing!

The Re-Discovery of Common Sense: A Guide To: The Lost Art of Critical Thinking