Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 March 2002
Forget Peter Mayle's Provence offerings, this is a little masterpiece. The presentation is exactly suited to his style and the illustrations (and presumably) editing suit the content to a "T".
It appeared too late to be useful to us, but after having coped with three idiosyncratic children under three and a half, my wife and I feel qualified to state an opinion.
We have lost count of the number of copies we have bought, loaned and never recovered. Now we are buying again for our grandchildren's parents' benefit it was a great relief to find it still in print. If you want a single (lighthearted, but with a core of steel) reference work for harassed parents - especially first-time ones - look no further.
on 10 April 2001
This book was and still is utterly fantastic - it explains how the worlds most adored, cherished and often utterly perplexing litte demon is choosing to work at this time. Will you Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandad succeed with my challenge! All children are the best - this book helps those that have worn a nappy some 16 - ** years ago - break their enigma code. It is a winner and fun to read for all parents/relatives - a must.
on 22 December 2013
Some kind inspired relative bought me this when my first son was born 30 years ago. I have cherished it ever since. It has been leant out several times and, fortunately, always come back. Now the next generation is producing and this book is essential survival reading. Baby Taming is down to earth, easy to read, practical and, more to the point, humorous. It does exactly what is says on the cover.
on 18 November 2014
I love this book, I remember it from when I had babies so got it for my daughter who is now pregnant. Underneath the jokey format there is some really sensible advice. A must for all first time parents.
on 4 October 2010
I was given this book on having my first child 27 years ago and it was easily the best guide to new parenthood. Sadly I lent mine out and it never came back. I have bought 6 copies since, all got rave reviews, and am now buying one for my own first grand child.
on 20 July 2011
This is an excellent book. We used it with our first born 31 years ago and now I am delighted to have been able to buy the book again and give it to him as he awaits the birth of his first child.

P Goddard
on 2 December 2016
bought this when first child born - this copy re first grandchild. I tamed both my kids and they are both lovely and highly successful people now - and I have had a life of my own
on 24 May 2015
Had this book when my children were tiny and have given it to several people since. Very pleased to find a reasonable copy.
on 3 December 2014
Loved this book 30 years ago when I had it for myself. Son and daughter now each have a copy!