on 1 April 2016
Better than the film, with a twist.
on 31 October 2012
I bought this several years after seeing the movie, and (from my memory) Idon't think I've never known a book and a movie to be so similar.
The story is brutal and does not pull it's punches. But it is so well written it has you sitting on the edge of your seat for every page.
I will definitively be adding Cormac McCarthy to my list of favourite authors.
on 12 March 2015
Wonderful movie from McCarthy's short and blistering novel which is worth watching over and over again. A must see!
on 2 September 2015
I bought this after watching the film and really enjoyed it. The film is very faithful to the book but the book provided an insight in to some of the things in the film that I didn't fully understand.
on 25 May 2014
I do believe this is one of the greatest books/novels/work or fiction you will read for a while. This book does not give a hot one about you. Every word is in service of the story and not for you. You have earned a special privilege in being able to read it and, if I may say so, it is a glorious read. Watching the film adaptation only serves to bolster the literary experience and what an experience it is.
on 2 August 2015
A very good book. Although the style and lack of punctuation took a little getting used to, it was a real page turner that kept me hooked even though I had seen the film. I enjoyed the conversational style and characters created through this. I would recommend this book.
on 20 June 2015
Great read - I couldn't put it down. Vaguely Elmore Leonard style.
on 4 December 2014
The story goes along like an express train with a time bomb on board. I have never read any other
books by the author or seen the films but now I'm hooked. Terrific, spare writing with cracking dialogue you find quoting in your head afterwords. Highly recommended. But not for the faint-hearted.
on 3 September 2013
I will admit to watching the film and its one of my TOP FIVE BEST FILMS EVER MADE. But the book was just a good and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

KARRIE