Customer reviews

on 13 December 2004
This is an excellant reference and backup book. It is a very good book to use in trying to understand basic principles. However, this book does not provide the in-depth knowledge required from some of the anatomy and physiology.
The anatomy (includes brillaint diagrams and photos of cadavers) and physiology is clearly explained and if used with other texts you should have no problems in getting the top grades.
A great book, but disappointing CD (hence the 4 stars).
on 8 March 2016
Studying an Access Course in Science and this book has been a God send. Fantastic diagrams and in-depth, but understandable explanations of everything you could need in A&P. I've used so many books since I started, but this one has been my go to time and time again!

Highly recommend!
on 4 June 2008
Anatomy and Physiology is an excellent book for getting started on the basics of medicine. Without going into confusing detail it comprehensively covers all of the systems of the body providing a generous dose of anatomy and physiology topped of with a sprinkling of histology and excellent clinical snippets of the diseases than occur in these organs. A particular attention to detail is the sections on clinical medicine ie the different range of movements to test in joints.

My favourite bit is the colourful see through acetate pull out body progressively revealing the different anatomical layers of the body as you flick the pages

I think it is good value for money in comparison to Tortora in that it comes with a lot of added freebies, like evolve online and the atlas

By far it covers most of the science material required for 1st year medicine making it the ultimate lazy mans guide to 1st year- just add beer!
on 7 April 2013
A great anatomy and physiology book, very useful, easy to understand and not boating or confusing like a lot of them can be, a good book to study with
on 17 June 2013
You get what you see it the photo: the instructor's guide lab manual. Now I'll admit, it's my bad that I interpreted 'Instructor's guide' to mean a guide for potential instructors, because this is quite literally a guide to accompany the book the product description is presumably describing. This book is not 1400 pages long and colour illustrated. It is a brief 150 page book intended for teachers, with brief details on how to run certain practical labs. The product description is COMPLETELY misleading as it does not describe this book. Fortunately I only wasted £10 rather than £200 as I bought a used copy. Be VERY CAREFUL purchasing this book, you DO NOT get what the product description describes - or what the above reviews describe. I do realise this means I was potentially unlucky, but I do have the book pictured, just not the one described. (Sorry, I don't normally write rambling angry reviews but I really needed the booked described to be delivered and I'm very disappointed after all the glowing reviews above, and also completely confused about which product they are referring to!)

EDIT: I've found the problem - the same product description comes up for both the actual book, and the instructor's guide. This is the fault of Amazon, not the author, and I'll change the low rating so as not to put people off buying the book, but please be careful! This is the one I purchased by mistake: Anatomy and Physiology: Instructors Resource to Accompany Lab Manual