on 30 September 2015
Having used Logic from the Express days, and taught myself with Google and YouTube, I decided to invest in this book and go " back to the beginning". I'm so glad I did, I've learned so much from doing the projects in this book. What's more, by being a member of David's forum, when 10.2 came out with some changes, I was able to contact him through the forum and solve a workaround. I highly recommend this book. The kindle version has the codes for the downloadable project files at the back of the kindle book.
on 30 April 2017
Essential tool for working one's way through the complexities of Logic Pro X. Used together with them many instructional videos on You Tube, I'm slowly getting the hang of things.
on 31 January 2014
Got the Kindle version. Would have preferred PDF - not keen on Kindle text wrapping.

A good enough tome that will get you working straight away.
on 3 February 2014
Great to see the new guidance for Logic Pro X maintains the same quality of guidance and instruction in this training manual. In my view the apple pro training series are the most helpful and useful on the market. They also are crucial to acquiring any formal qualifications.
on 6 January 2016
Fantastic book. The book is fast paced, but not too fast. There is so much to learn about Logic that I can see it will take me hundreds of hours to explore it all. This book introduces so many topics, shows me how they work, then moves on to something else which keeps me interested and excited to work my way through it. I will have to go back and experiment with everything at my own pace once the book is done, but now I know what Logic can do and how to do it. This is just what I needed to get me started.
on 11 June 2017
Far too complex. Info in the wrong order. Introduces Loops near the beginning in order to use as examples. Trying to find simple info is difficult, e.g. How to move instantly to the next marker (easy in Logic 7). Still haven't found the answer. Stephen Bennet's books on Logic Pro 7 were much more straightforward, as was the original Logic Pro 7 manual.
on 6 March 2015
I have not finished all the chapters in this book yet but I thought I'd write my review before I forget.
I have not tried any other tutorials so I have no comparison but I find it hard to imagine that there is a much clearer one than this one. It's laid out patiently with lots of attention to detail. The copious pictures/screenshots are a real help too.
I'm making real progress with this book and am happy I made the purchase.
on 12 December 2016
This is a fabulous training book.

Whilst the examples start off with the really basic, they build up on complexity as the book goes along. For anyone coming from another system the pace might seem slow, but if you stick with it, you come away with a really well rounded knowledge of how logic ticks.

The instructions are really easy to follow, the steps are very well documented and the flow through the book is logical, with a constant build up of info moved from chapter to chapter.

Coming from Cubase and Reaper - I found getting to grips with logic's interface and functions really frustrating.This book just took all that away and let me concentrate on getting my recordings and compositions down. Would highly recommend.
on 23 November 2014
The book was damaged / ripped. and the code doesn't work. :P
on 26 December 2015
Sor far, I'm about half way through - brilliant instructional book with great worked examples to walk you through the tracking and mixing process and key techniques. The layout is such that it may not work as well as a reference book / manual down the line as the logic manual on line, but as a how-to-use training course: it's great!