on 18 October 2013
I think I have each Scott Kelby book from Lightroom 1 to this latest version. Yes there is some duplication but I like Scott's writing style, easy to follow instruction, layout and usually free videos to assist. this book is no exception. If you are new to Lightroom 5 or need a refresher, this is as good a book as any on the subject.
on 16 July 2017
Easy to review, he master of subject arrived safely and on time
on 9 July 2015
This is a fantastic book to read if you are new to Lightroom. Scott Kelby has a great, humorous way of communicating various techniques throughout the book. It's a book I always go back to for in-depth, accurate info :)
on 1 January 2014
THE BOOK ARRIVED PREFECTLY PACKED IN STRONG PACKAGE WITHIN THE ESTIMATED TIME
ITS CONTENTS ARE PRINTED IN A GOOD SIZE TYPE EASILY READ WELL WRITTEN
on 11 February 2014
Not had time to use it fully yet but read the opening and it looks really good. New toLightroom and glad I read the beginning about setting up and getting organised.
on 9 November 2013
I bought Lightroom because I got fed up with the limitations of iPhoto and Apple's Genius didn't convince me Aperture was the way to go, that plus Aperture hasn't been updated in a long time. You have to wonder if Apple is abandoning the high end of the market. At the time Lightroom was on special offer. Anyway I am not a professional photographer. Soctt Kelby is and is book is very much geared towards them.There's a lot in this book, and in Lightroom, that even the serious amateur will probably never use or need. Nevertheless, the book is well written and gets the just the right tone of imparting information without getting bogged down.
on 19 August 2013
In simple terms, either you like Kelby's writing style of you don't however as in all the books of his I have read, he does give you a lot of practical information in an easy to follow form. In fact I've been using Lightroom since version 1 and although the product hasn't really radically changed, mainly it has just evolved in terms of the tools and had a few bits added to it, my use of it has changed over time.

Originally I used Lightroom mainly for getting my pictures onto my computer and cataloguing them, from there I used Photoshop for processing the RAW images. However as Lightroom has evolved and the tools within it, for processing photography you don't need to touch Photoshop. I therefore got hold of a copy of this book in Kindle format so that I could refer to it on screen and that really works well for me. Between this book and the on-line tutorials on Adobe TV, you should have all bases covered.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 August 2013
I downloaded a copy of Lightroom 5 demo, ran it and felt it was too complicated for me to change to use it. However after watching a number of online videos from the vendors of plugins I use, they all seemed to be using Lightroom and I began to see how a little bit of effort could pay off in the long run.

I checked out the books available and having read some of the authors books before I thought I would stick with what I had experience with. I'm pleased I did as this book is logical, easy to follow, gives some great tips and most importantly, contains the type of information I find useful on a daily basis when using this software.

If you have no experience with Lightroom may I suggest you read the book prior to running it as there are some great tips about setting up, importing and organizing which I wish I had been aware of when I started.

The Kindle version is as you would expect not as good on the illustrations as a hard copy but I have not really found that to be an issue as most of the relevant information can be gleaned from the text.
on 26 June 2014
I was feeling frustrated by my lack of understanding of the fundamentals of LR e.g. where photos are stored.. even though I had attended a few hours workshop on LR for beginners the tutor failed to take into account that we did not know that LR works like a library catalogue with the originals stored elsewhere. Myself & the other newbies really struggled to understand where the originals were.. and we never really got beyond this!

I bought this book to educate me about the basics.. before I threw LR in the bin.. I have not been disappointed, as Scott Kelby explains the basics of LR, from the start, and finally I understand how LR works e.g. where original photos are kept, and the significance of storing them in the one place (folder) on your hard drive (or external hard drive).. which now means I can put my energy into reading the remainder of the book, and learning how to make the best of LR and the wonders it has to offer. I especially enjoy Scott's little digressions, and his sense of humour.. which makes the book more enjoyable... the examples he gives are very helpful as well.. definitely worth a look..
on 8 September 2013
An update of Scott Kelby's excellent series about Lightroom. This latest edition holds no surprises for those who are familiar with Scott's other books which are approachable and explain clearly Adobe's latest developments. A must for all those of you who wish to extract the most from this powerful piece of software. Highly recommended!