on 25 November 2013
This is what it is.. 'A get you started book' if thats what your looking for, to much ramblings on 'basic' photography
and not enough on the subject ie Nikon D5200?
If your just starting out with a digital SLR this will help you, but if you think this book is full of fantastic photos taken
with the Nikon D5200 then forget it.. its not, i thought the pic's were quite 'lame' for a pro!!

He shows you how to set up the camera 'his way' but no other choices or alternatives, and dont cover every mode
on the camera.. however, he does show you how to go through the settings which is clear enough.. as i say, its
for someone starting out in photograghy.
Price wise.. i think it should retail at £8
on 16 September 2013
It's a great book to gain more knowledge about working with the Nikon D5200 camera. The manual that comes with the camera is fine but just for the basics. To get more knowledge about all the different options and when using which option and the differences that go with it, this book is perfect!
It reads easy and there are many photo's the writer uses to visualize the writing.
I'm very happy that I bought this book to learn more about the camera so I can improve my photographing.
on 2 September 2013
I bought the Nikon D5200 a few months ago and soon realised I needed a lot more input into the camera function than the (still very good) online user manual gave me. This excellent book does that in spades but also has helped with improving my photographic skills and is still my major source of reference. Recommended!!
on 30 June 2013
A very well laid out and easy to follow manual with lots of examples. I would recommend this book to anyone as an easy to follow guide to there new D5200.
on 16 February 2014
I got my Nikon D5200 camera so that i could progress in my photography, as i have been a happy snapper for years, i saw this book when browsing on Amazon and thought it looked good so i bought it in the kindle version and boy am i glad that i did, now the manual that came with my D5200 is very good, but snapshots to great shots really does take things to the next level, if you need it it will show you very small step by step help tips along with pictures as well. And also if you are a moor advanced photographer it will help you as well.
on 6 January 2014
This book is very informative on all aspects of the camera much more than the little book that comes with the camera when you buy it. I would recommend this book if you wish to get the most out of how to use your camera as it explains it all in detail even has pictures to show you what to look for when setting up the camera for taking photos.
on 7 May 2014
I'm currently going through this chapter by chapter, step by step at the moment. I must say that it has taught me loads already on photography already after only the first 3 chapters. I've been taking pictures for over 10 years but usually just stuck with the auto settings, well with this book its taking my skills to a whole new level for this great camera.

He just not just teach you about shots but also a great section on the accessories that you can buy for the camera like filters etc.

If you have this camera just buy it, you just can't go wrong.....you will learn so much unless you are already very advanced in photography.
on 6 May 2014
Great book, easy to understand, lots of pictures, great examples, easy to follow explains everything clearly, easy to follow, fab book
on 8 August 2014
Book arrived as ordered [therefore no issues with that] The contents look exciting for furthering my progressing with my camera.Edges of book scuffed and tatty andif I had looked at it in a book store it would have gone back on the shelf. Disappointed with the quality of the merchandise.
on 26 March 2014
I was very satisfied with my new camera but I always though I would be unable to use it properly. This book explained all the controls of the camera and how and when use them to get better photos. Now I love this book as much as my camera.