on 18 October 2012
This is an excellent book for beginners, with easy to follow lessons both written and on the accompanying DVD. I was able, as an absolute beginner on PPCS6, to produce a 5 minute video in less than a week, including sorting out some dodgy camera work.It also contains some useful tips on using other programs in the Adobe group. Highly recommended.
on 13 March 2013
I had used Pinnacle long time ago, so I was aware of general procedures and knew what to expect/ look for. The book is clear to an almost beginner like myself, may be red chapter by chapter which follows the recommended procedure, or one can chose an independent chapter. Also one may use the lessons schedule and videos or get the info he needs from the corresponding chapter. Personally I find what I need in the book pages. My only complaint is that the print in the photos is very small and I need glasses or magnifier or lots of light!
on 21 January 2013
Verry good book do's what it says on the cover, after you complete the lessons you will know the basics of premer pro cs 6 from basic editing to producing a DVD, well worth the money.
on 8 February 2017
A useful book, I bought the same for learning InDesign. However editing is different to graphics, much more immediate and unfortunately this book doesn't tell you what can go wrong or how to fix it when it does. For a virtually complete novice (such as myself) this was incredibly frustrating. It has a lot of information, much of it very useful but very overwhelming if you haven't even got the basics down. I gave up and turned to You Tube instead, learned a lot, understood more through trial and error then returned to the book which I found easier to understand with a bit of prior knowledge and a greater overview in my head. P.pro is fantastic but incredibly frustrating at the same time, so if you are a novice like me I would recommend the Jan Ozer book over this one which is more step by step, and tells you WHY you are doing something not just HOW to do it.
I would also recommend Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro by Jarle Leirpol (search google not Amazon) if you are really serious about editing to the best of the software (and your) ability.
on 12 December 2013
I once had a lecturer state that, in his opinion, the lecture became obsolete with the advent of the printing press. I did not agree, but if you can't attend a classroom based course, these books and associated video back up, make a useful substitute. Having used previous editions I have to say that I don't find this edition for CS6 as polished as previous versions. There is a feeling of the text being a bit rushed and not quite as well checked out as it could have been in some places. For instance the text says to switch back to the project panel, but fails to tell you how. There are a lot of screen shots illustrating the text, but some are too small or too dark to read without a magnifying glass. changing the background to lighter would have made the text more readable. But over all, following the exercises reveals many hidden features that would not be discovered by experimenting alone. I am finding it a worthwhile investment.
on 27 October 2013
good detail but takes 20 minutes of reading to do 20 seconds of work on pc,good video tutorials would be much faster and far less time consuming.
on 24 June 2013
I found this book very helpful in getting me going with this software. Through well paced excercises it quickly introduces the mian parts of the programme and within hours I was working on my own projects with success.
on 12 August 2013
After up-grading from Premiere CS3 to Premiere CS6 I thought it appropriate to 'get the book'. I am very pleased with the purchase, for as it is not completely re-written (from the CS3 version) it does outline and describe the new features of CS6. It comes complete with a tutorial disc, which I have not used as yet, as the book is well written and explains what you need to know in straightforward (if American) English.
on 9 September 2013
This is a 5 star product. A great introduction to a complex program, particularly to a novice. Well up to the standard of Adobe's Classroom in a Book series.
on 25 July 2016
Steep learning Curve. Book helped but gave up on Premiere. Too complex. Most features not needed.Pinnacle 19 is more than adequate for most things.