Customer reviews

on 8 April 2011
I have been using Adobe software for quite some time and have had to invent laborious workarounds to problems I didn't know how to resolve. However, by dipping in and out of this weighty tome, I have unearthed a whole world of tricks and shortcuts that help me resolve all of the frustrating issues encountered on a regular basis with the software. Everything becomes so simple when you dive into the book - explanations are so clear and practical.

Possible drawback for some is that it isn't in colour - not a problem for me as I prefer practical to pretty. Also, there are cheaper books out there, but these simply do not provide the coverage, depth and answers to the issues I might need help with.

I have used many other books such as Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) series and also the 'Brilliant InDesign CS5 series'. These books are OK, but they mostly tell me what I already know. Real World Adobe Indesign is superb and I am considering buying the other Adobe titles in the same series.