on 3 July 2013
Step by step intro into your camera, which is interesting and easy to follow. I hate instruction manuals, but this is, an I say is because I will keep going back to it, a pleasure to read. Not only does it teach you about the Nikon D5000 in wonderful detail, but it goes on to help you take a great picture with all settings off auto!!! I have learned so much from this book that I have let my Son borrow it and he uses a Canon! Don't miss the opportunity to use this excellent book.
on 27 March 2011
Easy to read and understand. This book is a useful addition to the camera manual as it explains what all the settings are for and when to use them.

There are assignments to complete at the end of each chapter which help you to learn all the tips and techniques covered in the book.

There are also 2 additional chapters covering accessories and video which are available for downloading for free from the publishers web site.
on 7 September 2010
I would highly recommend this book to any D5000 owner.
You will learn how to do great shots. Excellent book !
on 13 November 2010
I purchased this book after buying my 1st DSLR.

I have found this book really useful and easy to understand. Since reading this book I find myself using the manual and semi-auto modes more than the Auto mode that the camera has as a point and shoot option.

I would recommend this book to any beginner who has purchased a Nikon D5000.
on 8 December 2013
One of the best books for understanding a technically difficult camera - at least I found it difficult as my previous cameras had been Canons and all the twiddly bits were in a very different place. However this book simplified it all and with projects and assignments to follow all was soon made clear.
on 1 December 2011
Stop trying to get to know your camera by reading the instruction manual: boring and only technical. This book combines technical information with daily practice. And provides tips to handle your camera that are not in the manual. Read it (and also avalilable for other types of Nikon cameras).
on 2 February 2011
I found this book so easy to understand. The text is written in plain and simple form and is set out in an interesting way.
The exercises at the end of each chapter are useful and help to drive home what you have learnt. If you have bought the Nikon D5000 this is the book to buy.
on 27 April 2011
Having recently purchased the camera I was looking for some extra guidance both on the camera and photography in general. As a first time DSLR user i thought this fit the bill, it is easy to read, has some great examples and is generally a useful companion to a novice user.
on 17 August 2012
I wanted to learn how to make use of all the other settings rather than just the 'Auto'ones.
Very informtive and great illustrations.Finished reading through and now starting again to try and digest and retain the contents properly.
on 12 June 2011
This book is really helpful. it takes you through all the camera settings clearly and with good illustration pictures. it also has assignments at the end of the chapters to put what you have learned into practice. i highly recommend it.