Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 February 2011
I did not finish reading this book as I spent hours looking for the commands, tools, etc. The book will ask you to do something but it doesn't tell you which button or tools or where to find the options. I have used the aperture myself finding my way instead. What a waste of time. But on the other hand, I can go back and scan the book as a reference.
on 13 August 2011
I had some experience with Aperture and wanted a book to use as a reference when I encountered a problem. This is not it. It may be good for training and if you need certification but as a reference manual I find it woefully inadequate. I recently wanted to do some advance work with the crop function and was having a problem. The information provided in this manual is extremely limited; it identifies that the function exists and shows how to use it in the most simple manner which any Apple user could figure out without a book. I wanted something that would show how to do things beyond what I could easily deduce from the intuitive nature of Aperture. In my experience this book provides nothing additional.
on 23 February 2011
This has been an excellent book to get into the fingers how Aperture 3 works. I've used Aperture about a year before I got the book, and a lot of things you do find out by yourself, but this book with the included projects has boosted my knowledge !
on 13 July 2010
A useful book with lots of good information. There is still some information you may have to look through other books to gain but there is no doubt if you carry out all the exercises you end up with thorough working knowledge of the software. There is no such thing as the 'magic bullet' book that will tell everyone everything and you cannot get away from the fact you have to put the time and effort in to learn anything, so bite the 'magic bullet' and get stuck in.
on 16 March 2011
Very clear book and very hands on.
The delivered tutorial files make it easy to create a tutorial Apenture database.
Step by step instruction in blocks from 30 - 90 minutes.
on 30 October 2010
This book is very well structured. It guides the reader hand in hand discovering Aperture. It's not a manual. It's a guide. I have actually read it without using the DVD it comes with. If you already know a bit about Aperture, then you can easily jump the chapter of your interest. I keep going back to this book and now use it as reference. Recommended.
on 9 February 2011
i have a new mac with the latest operating system, the dvd rom would not load on mac, i returned it and tried a second copy it still would not load on mac, returned it again and payment soon refunded by amazon (excellent company to deal with).
on 3 June 2010
As a complete novice I found this book a good introduction to the many functions (and menus) of this software package.
on 3 January 2012
I wanted something to enable me to become competent at using Aperture. This doesn't!

If you follow the tutorials (which is the whole idea behind the book - 'work flow'. So, following the step-by-step instructions, turn the page ... oops, too late! The note that tells you not to do something comes after the instruction it pertains to.

Configuring my system to run the Training screwed up the Aperture I was already running and it took me a whole evening to find my original photos - panic!

Following the instructions, they do not accord with the images you are supposed to be working on. Where the hell is the monkey?

I'll be looking for another Aperture manual right away!
on 10 November 2011
HAVING JUST MOVED TO MAC AND BUYING APERTURE 3, I WAS RECOMMENDED THIS BOOK AND I MUST SAY THAT UP TO THIS DATE I HAVE FOUND IT EXTREAMLY HELPFULL IN CARRYING OUT THE LESSONS AND THE READING OF THE EXERCISES TO WORK ON. RECOMMEND AS A VERY EXCELLENT BUY.