on 23 November 2013
I agree with the other reviewers about this product - only gets 3 stars for me since the first order came with a faulty DVD. Thanks to Amazon's excellent service, I got a replacement package the next day - the annoying thing was the whole package had to be replaced, not just the faulty DVD. Second time round, it loaded first time, thankfully. I may add a proper review once I'm into the package.
on 11 July 2010
This book was easy to follow and pretty much covered every aspect of Aperture 3 in enough detail for my needs.
on 13 July 2010
A useful book with lots of good information. There is still some information you may have to look through other books to gain but there is no doubt if you carry out all the exercises you end up with thorough working knowledge of the software. There is no such thing as the 'magic bullet' book that will tell everyone everything and you cannot get away from the fact you have to put the time and effort in to learn anything, so bite the 'magic bullet' and get stuck in.
on 13 August 2011
I had some experience with Aperture and wanted a book to use as a reference when I encountered a problem. This is not it. It may be good for training and if you need certification but as a reference manual I find it woefully inadequate. I recently wanted to do some advance work with the crop function and was having a problem. The information provided in this manual is extremely limited; it identifies that the function exists and shows how to use it in the most simple manner which any Apple user could figure out without a book. I wanted something that would show how to do things beyond what I could easily deduce from the intuitive nature of Aperture. In my experience this book provides nothing additional.
on 6 September 2010
This book was a great help getting me started with Aperture 3. And so far has been helpful as a reference rather than reading cover to cover.
4 people found this helpful
on 3 January 2012
I wanted something to enable me to become competent at using Aperture. This doesn't!

If you follow the tutorials (which is the whole idea behind the book - 'work flow'. So, following the step-by-step instructions, turn the page ... oops, too late! The note that tells you not to do something comes after the instruction it pertains to.

Configuring my system to run the Training screwed up the Aperture I was already running and it took me a whole evening to find my original photos - panic!

Following the instructions, they do not accord with the images you are supposed to be working on. Where the hell is the monkey?

I'll be looking for another Aperture manual right away!
One person found this helpful
on 9 February 2011
i have a new mac with the latest operating system, the dvd rom would not load on mac, i returned it and tried a second copy it still would not load on mac, returned it again and payment soon refunded by amazon (excellent company to deal with).
on 3 June 2010
As a complete novice I found this book a good introduction to the many functions (and menus) of this software package.
on 29 February 2012
Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3

The product looked just what I needed to learn about Aperture 3 which I installed when I upgraded to Lion. Imagine my surprise when it would not run - despite the fact that the description required Mac 10.6 and later AND that it was approved by Apple. Do not buy this version until the disc is upgraded. Amazon need to warn buyers of the situation
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 December 2010
The Kindle edition is very poor. Through the book you are expected to use examples from a DVD that is supplied with the physical book. Anyone see the problem here? Yep, no DVD with the Kindle edition and it's not even been edited with a link to where you can download the content to follow the training steps. The entire book has just been converted to Kindle format with little or no thought as to how it will actually work as a training book.
23 people found this helpful