Customer reviews

on 11 December 2010
As a professional editor having recently transferred from using Avid to FCP I found Larry Jordan's book invaluable in teaching those must have short-cuts to things I used so often in Avid. He cuts out all the nonsense and gets down to what you need to know quickly and efficiently. The book is laid out in logical steps beginning with fast ways to set up your system to export and output. The main part of the book is essential tips and tricks to editing and navigating your way around FCP7. These are presented in well laid out single tips (sometimes two) per page style which is very easy to read. You can read the whole book through or just browse for the advice you need when you need it. After using this book and with only a few hours of use in FCP7 I felt much more confident about using the software. In reading this book I've learnt in a few days what I think would have taken several month's to work out how to do.
This book is aimed at people who know what they want to do but not necessarily how to do it. As it says on the back cover "You have the basics of FCP down but when it's crunch time, it's the hidden shortcuts that make the difference."
If you're starting out in FCP editing I wouldn't recommend this book to a novice user as it assumes a certain amount of previous knowledge as how to work in a non-linear environment. For those transferring across from other systems as I did I'd highly recommend this book.
on 7 December 2010
This is a very, very useful book. Larry Jordan, one of the internets FCP gurus, and has one of the most easy going and humorous approaches to teaching, which I love. This comes through in the book and turns what is a bit of a dry topic to life, and makes for easy reading. Even though I have been using FCP for years I lost count of the times I said ohhh!, ahhh I see!, and "so thats how you do it"! whilst reading this book.

I highly recommend this book to intermediate/ advanced editors, you could save yourself hours!!!
on 19 June 2011
Final Cut Pro Power Skills: Work Faster and Smarter in Final Cut Pro 7 (Apple Pro Training)

I found this book to be a handy how to and simple guide to commonly used, forgotten or under utilised shortcuts.
Larry Jordan is respected and revered for his knowledge within the Final Cut Pro community as well as his monthly
newsletters of tips and tricks.

This book covers a variety of FCP uses in real enviroment situations covering interface, configuration, audio,
file management and setup, exporting and compression. Lots of stuff you won't easily find online or quickly
accessed to various other books on Final Cut Pro.

No doubt with Final Cut Pro X, he will find other useful nuggets of information, that will provide many a
user with effective information to make you an efficient user.
on 18 June 2010
Larry Jordan covers Final cut pro 7 rather well, of all the FCP books this one nails those tricky little questions that are basic but you feel daft asking..and then expands into advancing your knowledge with a firm grip of what Final cut pro can do...thank you.
on 17 April 2012
Larry Jordan is the person I turn to whenever I have a Final Cut question. Not only does he have the answers, but he is a brilliant communicator, both on line and in print. I can't recommend him highly enough.
on 4 December 2016
Great, like ALL Larry's books and lessons.