on 12 October 2016
Good starter book for those starting off with agile. Albeit the agile movement is all about stating the obvious. This could do with condensing into a summary book for quick reference-sometimes feels a little verbose at explaining quite simple concepts. I've found other peripheral skill sources (such as team psychology and coaching, or theory of constraints) more useful in expanding beyond the basics. Good for someone new to agile.
on 11 July 2016
Excellent Agile book. Well written and structured. Great book for beginners and intermediate level. Use it as a reference book now.
on 23 December 2013
Full of tips for going about an agile transition, ended up buying two, one for me one for a colleague.

Have been referring back to this again and again throughout the transition.

Well written and easy to digest.
on 17 August 2015
Excellent companion to the course
on 26 July 2013
There are a few Scrum / Agile / Lean books which everyone on a software team should read and this is one of them. The information in this book is like gold-dust. It's been learned the hard way by the author! The information is well thought out and presented. Buy it now!
on 26 August 2015
Good buy. Highly recommended for whoever is interested in delving deeper into Agile practices.
on 10 June 2014
This book can help you on the jorney when you want to introduce and implement scrum in your own organisation.
on 22 March 2012
I found this book oscilated from Agile hard sell to being a compendium of everything that might go wrong in an agile implementation.

This is not without its benefits, but I wanted a much plainer 'happy path' presented up front, and it never really came. The good stuff is scattered throughout the book, and it's quite hard to piece it together to get a coherent idea of how to do Scrum well. The 'try it', 'how long's a piece of string', 'it's different for everyone' approach got tired really quickly and made me wonder what I was paying this guy for. No-one's so foolish as to think theory works perfectly in practice, but it's always good to have one as a starting point.

I am a Product Owner who has seen massive improvements from adopting Scrum. I'm not polarised by the agile/sequential debate though, and still see benefit in waterfall. So I was dissappointed to get the distinct sense of 'waterfall bad, agile good' from this book.

'Agile Product Management' has much more the focus I was looking for, and I'm crying out for an overall agile book that is as concise.
on 5 November 2012
This book is just what I wanted...
Written in a very fitting , in my opinion gets the point perfectly.
Rousing...
on 5 July 2010
This book is a well written book that breaks the Scrum version of Agile Project Management method into logical chunks and makes complete sense. I have personally found this confirms a lot of the methodologies that I have put into practice in industries other than software and those skills/tips and tricks that translate across all methods of project management.

I found myself highlighting each paragraph or diagram that I found useful but had to stop 2/3 of the way through as I found a snippet of information worthy of highlighting on every page and I ran out of markers.

Mike explains in detail but in a very clear way how to get the best out of your team and set expectations for all stakeholders through the process of Scrum a book written with an obvious expertise in delivering software project exactly to all stakeholders expectations.

Obviously I would recommend this book to everyone who has a vested interest in Software Projects but I would go so far as to say that a lot of the material in here can be cross linked to every industry in some shape or form.