Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 February 2009
Aarron Walter has written a very clear book on all the essentials of what he calls "findability" for modern-day websites. Too bad I found this book only after spending way too much time reading various websites about many of the different subjects he deals with in this book. This book is a shortcut for a long learning curve and I wish I had known about it before. But still, I learned a few new tricks and have put them into practice immediately.
Aarron is clearly an author who's "into the business" himself, and not someone who studied the subject just for the purpose of writing a book about it.
Well recommended for anyone who's into building websites, whether you're a coder, designer, information architect or the 'all-in-one' type like myself.
on 4 April 2010
Although I think stricly speaking this book isn't just about building findable website (but then the subtitle states that) I found the information in it very informative, both in terms of the findability topics and some of the other topics touched upon, like accessibility, blogging and some other topics I haven't quite got to yet. This book has taught me more about SEO than I have managed to previously find when researching the website, e-mails received from those companies trying to sell you their SEO optimisation services or even Googles own information set. It's quite simple to understand and makes a lot more sense.
on 4 October 2009
Excellent guide. He talks about content being king and this book is jammed packed - no waffle or tangents. 100% pure content. The book can be a little technical in parts but I think that is largely unavoidable due to some of the recommendations made. He does provide all of the code and instructions on where to place the code. So the information is somewhat spoon fed. Still, I can imagine this being somewhat confusing and daunting to a complete novice. I would say a must have for anyone hoping to compete in the findability stakes - agencies, freeelancers and small business owners.
on 21 March 2010
I enjoyed this title. I found it easy to read and very accessible with straight-forward advice. You do not need programming knowledge to understand although a little might help you. I think that the book explains things well and takes the reader through some pretty technical stuff in a non-techie way. I especially liked the section of writing web copy and I show that to people who er... write web copy for me.
on 10 November 2012
I haven't read it all yet, but it shows a really promising book! What I ve read up to now, is stuff I knew already, but the book does a good job to point them out and help me organize the information in my head!
on 10 August 2009
I bought this book on advice from a colleague and whilst i am sure it is extremely good it is certainly not for someone without programming knowlegde.