Customer reviews

on 14 October 2013
A great book which gives lots of useful tips for the hobbyist or pro alike - well worth a read before you go out on a shoot - or take it with you while you wait for that perfect moment for the perfect shot - you never know! :-)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 September 2006
For any of you that are familiar with Dave Cross as a teacher of Photoshop then you will not be disappointed; and for those of you that have never heard of him, prepare to be impressed. This book is packed full of techniques to create the all important 'after effects' that will take your images to the next level. One even greater feature though is that throughout the book, Dave encourages you to play around with settings and blend modes etc to see what you come up with - cos lets face it, anyone can follow techniques, but the real skill comes from creating your own.

A fantastic book, and definately one that any 'serious' photoshop-er would have in their library.
on 18 August 2006
Just finished reading and working through Dave's new book and I must admit I found it really useful and learned a few new techniques I hadn't tried out before. The great thing about the book is that Dave encourages you to experiment with the techniques he is teaching which is why I soon found myself trying different things and mixing some of the ideas to create a great new look. I am sure everyone will learn something new, even if you've been using Photoshop for a few years.
on 15 May 2008
This book is terrible. I thought I would get an insight into Photoshop techniques and it basically tells you how to make interesting borders. I thought it was so bad I threw it away. What a waste of money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse