on 10 January 2008
This was a great book for me. I had a basic knowledge of cs2 but this book showed me ways to do thngs a lot better. I'm 70 but did not find this hard to follow at all. Would recomend it.
on 17 December 2006
Sorry to buck the trend of the previous reviews but I bought this book and promptly sent it back. I was attracted by its apparrent popularity and the fact that it is aimed at photograhers who have no need for the gimicky graphic effects featured in so many photoshop books. Unfortunately this book is aimed at Photographers who have little experience of using Photoshop. I found the majority of techniques - even those marked as 'pro techniques' to be very basic. The book avoids any technical detail and does give inexperienced users a step-by-approach that many people will find useful. As a photographer who has been working with Photoshop for a number of years however, for me there was very little in this book and I was very disappointed at the lack of advanced techniques for professional users. And as for the 'humour'...what can I say? Scott Kelby seems to think that he is a comedian. He isnt.
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2008
Like any piece of equipment, I am not interested in how it works (I leave that to the boffins / technically minded), all I want to know is what button to press to get a certain result. In this step by step guide to Photoshop CS2, that's exactly what happens. You don't even have to sit and work out what settings to use to get certain effects, the author (presumably through his own experience) recommends the settings.

After months of struggling to discover how to use the the very powerful Photoshop CS2, with this book, I got the results I wanted as quickly as it took me to turn a page.

Long live Scott Kelby
on 21 February 2010
This book is excellent. Bought it for my wife who is a very competant photographer - not quite professional - and she swears it contains the best, and easiest to digest, information and tips she has ever seen in one book. As a beginner I have found it invaluable too. Very well written and helps you through the system without confusing you. I recommend this book very stongly.
on 10 August 2015
Book arrived on time​ so happy with the suppliers.
The book is very good. As a newbie to Photoshop, I needed a simple step by step guide and this is exactly what it is. I haven't needed to spend hours either trying to work out how to do something or trying to understand "Help".
on 27 January 2013
I bought this used book as didn't want to pay full price as wasn't sure how much I would use it, but I have to say it's brilliant love the way it's written and have already completed several tasks. only negative thing I would say is not alot on layering.
on 5 December 2013
Scott Kelby is one of my favourite authors of photography books well written with the same light humour and step by step walk throughs on the techniques mentioned unlike some books with high hopes. Recommended.
on 19 October 2010
This is an excellent book especially for the intermediate photoshop user. I expected more of a beginners guide and so was a little disappointed
on 27 May 2015
super tool for the episodical photoshop user . I am one
on 30 May 2015