Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 January 2010
While this book contains some unbelieveable images created in illustrator, I think the purpose is mostly to draw in sombody flicking through the book in a shop, as when you get the book home and try to learn how to make a photorealistic flower (as shown in the book) you find it isn't really explained.
There are lengthy descriptions of how to use the bezier pen tool, or different ways of making a shape, and fair enough I saw things I never realised you could do in Illustrator and possibly said "wow", but I'm no closer to knowing how to make a photorealistic flower, or to do the things they have pictures of. I think there must be a better book than this somewhere which I wish I'd bought instead.

I have been a magazine designer and illustrator for 10 years.
on 28 January 2017
Some amazing applications I wasn't even aware were possible. I just bought it to learn more about my hobby, but with a little practice, a few minor tweeks and creative thinking I have no doubt the techniques can be applied to professional works as well.
on 1 December 2005
I scan in pencil work and I wanted to cover Autotrace and colour. This is explained very well and I'm already using it in my professional work. I have Photoshop Wow and this seems to be as well described and useful. A useful addition to an Illustrators library.
on 7 November 2016