on 2 March 2005
on 25 October 2004
This has got to be one of the most pointless books I think I have ever purchased. It tells you nothing that the manual provided with the camera doesn't tell you. It explains thing in such a simple way, at time is simply condescending. If you have purchased a Canon 300D and this book can help you then maybe you shouldn't have purchased one!!! A complete waste of time and money.
on 25 November 2004
I bought this book having read the manual for an hour or so thinking it would take me further in my understanding of the cameras features and how to get the best out of it. I read it in 15 minutes. The first half a dozen pages out of a total of 50 are devoted to how to switch it on and how to charge the battery. duh ! The best advice it gives is to go to [...] Thats a cracking site written by professionals who want to enthuse budding photographers. The manual you get with the camera is not bad at all. This book is really an idiots guide. If you have this camera then you must have made an informed choice. Take my word for it, make another informed choice... go to photoworkshop instead and keep your money in your pocket.
on 28 December 2004
I agree 100% with the other two reviews - if only they were there before I wasted my money. It tells you vitually nothing that isn't obvious just by looking at the camera let alone stuff that isn't in the manual.
on 11 March 2008
I don't know what the other books in this pack are like, but as they've used a book I've already reviewed for the main feature, I can't hold out much hope for the rest of the package. Or, and this is a horrible thought, are there five of the same book? Owning one is bad enough, why would anyone want five for goodness sake? Amazon must have a stack of them cluttering up the warehouse and are desperate to shift them! The paragraph below is my review of the featured book, when sold singly, which I posted three years ago. See also other reviews on the appropriate page if you're in any doubt.

'I usually read reviews before purchasing. In this case I didn't but wish I had. This is THE MOST pointless book I've ever bought. It should be aimed at children and called 'My First Camera Book'. It only covers the blindingly obvious, stuff I'd sussed within an hour of first receiving my 300D. Avoid disappointment, this is CRAP.'
on 28 April 2013
Very useful Photography book.
A must have if you are after or own this model.
Well written and easy to follow.
Lots of useful tips and ideas.
on 31 March 2011
Purchased this book to find out what my camera could do. I was full of useful information even a technophobe like me can understand. Full of useful tips.