Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star). See all 36 reviews
on 10 July 2017
Brilliant concepts however the writing style is atrocious.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 September 2017
I hate this kind of books. They are expensive, theorical, but after reading it, your real life, your skills, your job and your results are the same. This book don't make any difference. It just gives you some concepts (interesting concepts by the way), but if you expect to be a better developer that can develop better code or system, then good luck. Is faster/easier/realistic to navigate through different projects in github and study what they do.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 August 2012
I'm sure the Author is very good at what he does but I found this book very boring.
I am from a software development background. I purchased this book to read on the train on the way to work. However, I could not get fully engaged. After a few pages I would fall asleep.

I dont think the information was laid out very well in the book.
on 31 March 2006
I wanted to read on the subject "Domain-Driven Design" and I saw references to this book in Martin Fowlers "Patterns on Enterprise Application Architecture"

The first thing that you will notice as a non-native English person is that you have the impression that the script has been correct by several PhD's in English literature. A lot of words have been replaced by far more complex synonyms.

I have lost a lot of time re-reading a lot of sentences and looking up English words just to understand the construction of the sentences, and by the way I am referring to non-technical words. My English is far from perfect but during my career I have done lots or reading of technical books and this is the first time I had problems with the used English. Because of this I had to give up after reading 1/3 of the book.

I don't blame Eric or the reviewers of the script for the fact that they are so talented in their native language.

"I've come to my current specialty by a winding path; several threads converged to give me a viewpoint that couldn't have been planned. Of course, I can fit it all neatly together now, through hindsight."

Seriously, I have to read this several times after looking up words like converged and hindsight. If you write a book that is intended to be for an international audience that didn't study in the UK or the USA don't assume that they have an expert knowledge of the English langauge and have the book reviewed by someone that didn't study in the UK or USA.

Because I didn't finish the book however I cannot say whether this book is worth reading or not. Ongoing from other reviews and blog entries I have to conclude that if you are a native-English person you should definitely give this book a try!