Customer reviews

on 10 November 2010
This text now in its 3rd edition is probably the most easy to read yet not 'dumbed down' exercise physiology text that I have come across. If I was starting undergraduate Ex. Phys again,this is the book I would like to start with. In conjunction with this, I would also recommend McArdle et al's Exercise Physiology Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy and Human Performance:

Getting back to the current review, If I really had to complain about something it would be that I have noticed a few 'typos' and one small mis-labeling of a detailed diagram. However, I am really nit-picking here. The book is well laid out with "Chapter Objectives", easy to understand bright, colour-coded diagrams, "Clinically Relevant Information" etc etc ...

Finally, perhaps, one of the best features - the full text online access including additional resources such as worksheets with answers, quiz banks and much more ..
on 31 July 2013
I bought this book to try and gain a better insight into sports physiology before going to university. I had done a module of sports physiology at college, but needed to know more information for my bachelor of science degree.
The information given is really good, but sometimes can be a little difficult to understand and focus on... Specifically with the print. At times when I needed to find information, it was scattered everywhere, but you do get the gist of it when reading more in depth.. If you want something which is easy to read and quick this isn't the book for you.
None the less, I am glad I bought this book as I definitely think it has all the information and more in than is required on my university degree!