on 15 February 2015
Kudos to Ordnance Survey whose maps are generally superb. I would recommend, however, that you purchase this with the A-Z guide to Cornwall, and for hikers to purchase the area-specific detailed maps by OS. Great for planning a trip--for accommodation route plotting (although specific hotels/b&bs are not detailed on the map). While distances are accurate, of course, in North America we say "how far?" and the response is not in miles (or kms) but in TIME. It is 30 minutes away. So what lacks here is a time chart and distance chart, the time chart being nigh on impossible to produce as August driving times are not likely as fast as in March! No map can be perfect, but this will serve you well. Plots parking lots.
One person found this helpful
on 1 April 2014
It is a good general map for an overview of Cornwall however if you need to use it for navigating it isnt in much detail and an OS map would be much better. It shows main roads but no local roads. We used this along with the Bude, Boscastle and Tintagel OS map to navigate around.
on 5 February 2014
Arrived very quickly and on opening the map found it to be exactly what was required. Will use this map this year during our stay in Cornwall.
on 7 September 2009
I found this map very clear and easy to use. I was driving around Cornwall and did not want to be carrying maps for each area - there was enough detail on this one to use it as my sole map for most of the trip. I did, however, use a more detailed one from the OS orange series for the area in which I spent most time in - so I could use a variety of routes.
16 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2016
ok but a road map is just as good
on 24 July 2014
Perfect for touring around Cornwall and gauging where all the great places are. It is massive but you probably wouldn't want the print any smaller. For me... google maps and the like don't cut the mustard and this "old fashioned" approach works perfectly me in helping work out where places are in relation to others.
on 2 September 2013
This map is unworthy of the high standards once set by the OS. It is too simplistic, there is no indication of relief and it is hardly any better than my road atlas of the UK. I should have bought the three 1:50000 maps that are necessary to cover Cornwall
One person found this helpful
on 29 June 2013
A large scale tourist map with a fair amount of 'inset' town views at a larger scale. Plenty of indexing of tourist sites allowing you to home in quite successfully.
on 8 August 2013
bought for husband as we visit area every Christmas,very clear and concise-hidden coves etc easy to find. would recommend for walkers & drivers
on 20 November 2015
just what i need to walk the coast path