VINE VOICEon 28 June 2013
It's a map by Ordnance survey so what can I say that you don't already know about these quality maps? If you are a walker and a map reader this is the tops. All kinds of electronic gadgets are available for field work these days and you can navigate by satellite anywhere it seems- But good maps don;t need any batteries. Highly recommended.
on 16 December 2013
Anyone who uses these maps can't deny the clarity and quality of the information given.

My only dislike is that over a few weeks after a few folds for different locations the maps tent to start tearing on the fold.
I always use an iron to melt the glue and remove the stiff cover before using in my map case but the problem remains.
on 28 November 2013
The best since ~1853
These maps are called OL because that is what you say when you realise you need to buy another one for a small area not covered by the one you have! Only joking. The Ordnance Survey have always done a remarkable job in keeping the British mainland mapped in great detail and up to date. I doubt you will find another country in the world that have small scale features such as sheep folds and tumulus highlighted on the map. It is this kind of detail that is essential out on the hill or mountain in remote areas to accurately navigate sans GPS. On this point I would say that I am technology agnostic, that is to say I use GPS BUT I do not rely on it alone and can easily revert to map and compass should GPS fail(and indeed it has several times). With regards to the waterproof 'Active' maps it comes down to personal choice, some people swear by them others prefer paper. I always use paper maps and a waterproof case, this is because in my experience the 'Active' maps are a bit bulky/cumbersome and impossible to use in strong winds. Finally I would also recommend Harvey Mountain area maps as they are fantastic for route planning and also getting the shape(Topology) of the ground and features really quickly due to contour shading.
on 18 April 2011
What can you say? It's an OS map... the best. Double sided, with the Howgills on one side, and the area immediately north of them (the upper Eden valley) on the other. The latest standard of 1:25 000 mapping, dated 2008.
on 15 March 2013
Quality mapping with an overpriced cover, rather have it laminated and leave the cover off, it only gets ripped off anyway
on 15 July 2013
We have used these maps for many years. Don't go out without one! It never crosses my mind to buy any other variety.
on 13 January 2013
I used it OK and it did the trick.i dont want to write any more i i i i i i
on 23 October 2014
Useful for exploring the area.
on 15 January 2015