on 26 August 2013
The OS Explorer delivers probably the best balance of clear and detailed mapping combined with a large map area. If you need a map for general outdoor pursuits or touring , this is the OS series that you need.
The sheets show all features in the natural and built landscape down to the level of individual buildings and fence & hedgelines, and Mean High & Low water along the coast.
Public Rights of Way & Access Land in England and Wales. Recreational Paths.
Comprehensive Leisure & Tourist information, from Campsites to Museums and Public Telephones to Burial Mounds to Car Parks.
Everything.

The Gower/Gwyr map is single sided and coverage extends from Pontarddulais down to Swansea/Abertawe in the east, westwards to include the whole peninsula, the Loughor/Llwchwr Estuary, and as far up the western coast as Pembry/Pen-bre.
on 30 September 2013
The Gower is appendix shaped, with 2 main roads running along the north and south coasts. These roads are criss crossed with lots of minor roads. The OS map helps you plan explorations, or lets you know where you've been when you've been out and about just enjoying the scenery
on 10 October 2013
I was in Mountain Rescue for many years, so I love maps. Everytime I go on holiday and intend any walking I always make sure I have suitable map for the area.
Paper ones can get wet, either buy laminated ones or get a good map case.
on 3 March 2010
This map gives me all the information i require to allow me to forward plan for my holiday in the Gower. It will save a lot of time wasting when i get their.
on 8 September 2013
These 'Explorer' OS maps are perfectly detailed at 2.5 inches to 1 mile, with so many points of interest clearly displayed (standing stones, burial chambers, forts, castles, cairns, etc). I have even bought the OS Explorer map for my area, and was surprised to see that even my small front and back garden was marked out - plus learned so much more about what was on my doorstep! Whatever Explorer map you purchase it makes for a fascinating comprehensive study of the area, whatever your reasons for visiting - day trips, holidays, just passing through..... For the good price, maps don't get much better than this. Highly recommended.
on 6 June 2013
Map arrived promptly. It was extremely useful as we explored the Gower Peninsular. It is great having about two and a half inches to the mile and we would not have enjoyed our exploration anything like as much without it.
on 5 August 2009
Map was delivered very quickly. Map price is a bargain compared with shops but most of the gain is wiped out by the postage. Amazon is not so brilliant for low priced items, post should be less on such a small item.
on 6 June 2013
be it for walking,cycling or camping this is great i walked and cycle beached strolled using one of these all you need to add tons of interest to your trip
on 13 February 2013
we were going to visit the area and wanted the relevnat OS map. this allowed us to purchase it before arriving in the district.
on 22 September 2014
I like to have a walking scale map anywhere I go and this one was certainly very useful as Tom Tom didn't work in the Gower.