Customer reviews

on 23 May 2000
I read this in 2 sittings, I thought it was great. The characters were all rounded and interesting. There was a lot of foreshadowing, so I thought something terrible was going to happen, but things ended well and even the least sympathetic characters grew and learned more about themselves.
on 30 October 2000
I too read this in two sittings and thought it was a fab book. This is my first Maeve Haran book, but I'll definitely be coming back for more!
on 21 October 2000
I'm halfway through reading this, and can't put it down, the first book since my year-old daughter was born to do this to me. It is fantastic. Molly has a small baby and a gorgeous husband, who is adopted. He's always known this but since his son was born he's decided to trace his mother. She turns out to be impossibly glamorous and whisks him off to be her new fashion accessory. It's very funny but not at the expense of a blooming good story.
on 6 November 2000
This is my first Maeve Haran book, but I'll definitely by back for more. I read this lovely story in two sittings - it was impossible to put down. The characters were all believable and even the dreaded birth mother became likeable in the end!
on 14 January 2017
The books arrived on time and were a good read
on 21 April 2016
Love Maeve Haran books. Read them all.
on 7 February 2001
I've enjoyed other of Maeve Haran's books but I was really disappointed by this one. Many of the characters were one-dimensional and the plot was often predictable. Far too little was made of the feelings of the adopted son himself, with all the focus on Molly,his wife, (not at all a sympathetic character) and his birth-mother. It just didn't feel real to me.