on 16 September 2017
Another brilliantly written book by Jenny Eclair. I highly recommend it.
on 26 May 2016
Very enjoyable and easy to read. Perfect holiday book with a slightly dark edge to it.
on 25 June 2016
I can only imagine the other 5 star raters must also be Glamour and Heat magazine readers, these magazines who had endorsed the book on the cover. This was a terrible read. I'm a fan of Jenny Eclair so had expected good things from this. I've read her most recent books so all I can think was that this book was from a time when she was still finding her feet as a writer. There is terrible character development and a 'samosa landed on his' head sense of humour. It's a book of cliches with juvenile humour, misplaced crudeness and weak characters. I read this on holiday and was almost embrassed to have finished it but it was the only book I had with me so needs must.
on 9 August 2016
I loved Guy and Alice's story. I know a few reviewers didn't like all the sex and swearing in this novel but I loved it! Very entertaining and at times funny read. There were some bits I disliked - I'm sure there's something in there that's not for everyone. If you like a novel that's very shallow, funny and entertaining at times but also has a good balance of depth, you will also really enjoy this.
on 6 February 2013
Having read Vanilla Slices and adored it, and Camberwell Beauty and not cared much for it, this is more Vanilla than Camberwell. The story was so well put together, how they all ended up at the same resort was so believable and real. I loathed Alice from the start ! Loved all the other characters, even with their flaws, and was so sorry for Alice's husband at the end. You could feel his despair and hopelessness. Jenny is a brilliant writer - if I was a writer, this is exactly the style I would want to emulate - real, honest, funny, great characterisation, brilliant story telling. I just didn't want it to end.

More Please . . . ..
on 5 April 2013
This is the 2nd book by Jenny Eclair that I have read, the first being Life, Death and Vanilla Slice which was excellent. Having a Lovely Time didnt disappoint. Several relationships which eventually meet up half way through the book. As always Jenny's language is a bit "choice" but coming from her it isnt offensive and is in keeping with the characters and story. I have now started on my 3rd Jenny Eclair book "Camberwell Beauty" which so far appears to be just as good as the first two.
I would definately recommend this book as long as you're not too offended by some of the language.
on 29 March 2015
I was having a really bad week and my bedtime reading book was getting heavy and dark so I just kindled a bit of Jenny and she didn't disappoint!
Although her stories are light funny and a little bit frivilous, Jenny Eclair is also an intuitive and intelligent writer so there is a bit of depth and sophistication to her books (which can be sadly lacking in a lot of silly chic lit).
Thanks Jenny for turning my miserable week around!
on 15 March 2005
I enjoy Jenny Eclair as a Stand-Up and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I read it, on holiday, in a couple of days where normally I take about three weeks to read a book! My Partner, who usually sticks to books by male Authors, read it as well and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Everday life, and emotions, feature in this book, and the characters are believable. We are both now looking to read Jenny's other book
on 22 July 2017
Wonderful. I loved every minute of this read.
on 7 August 2015
I love this book what more can I say. Get it and read it yourself.