on 17 March 2013
As good as twilight series it would be great to see all the books in this set made into films.
on 26 January 2014
I saw the film first and was curious so decided to read the books. For the most part I enjoyed them and felt the film didn't do the first book justice. If you enjoy the romantic 'supernatural' teen genre you will probably enjoy these books. Basically the plot is, mortal boy meets caster (a kind of witch) girl and they fall in love, only to find their lives and those of their family and friends start to become a lot more complicated as a result. Personally I felt the story was a little 'long drawn out' in places and could have comfortably been told in less than four books. However, that aside, the books are still enjoyable and make easy reading for a wet afternoon.
on 17 April 2014
really enjoyed this series, I bought it after watching the movie. I can honestly say the movie is very loosely based on the book.
it took me a while to get into the swing of the series and I put it down a few times and read other books but there was a little voice nagging me to find out what happens and boy am I glad I did! it's a very very good read! not my fave but in the top ten! I highly recommend this series to all paranormal romance/Adventure fans, it will not disappoint.
on 3 September 2014
the art work on the front is just the beginning, extremely easy to breeze through, but surprisingly captivating, these books drag you in and make you want to 'just keep going until the next chapter', very hard to put down and VERY easy to cast a spell on you. 10 out of 10 would recommend to young children and adults. Of course the stories do centre around an angsty teen and the devote love of her mortal boyfriend, but is otherwise brilliant
on 4 June 2014
This book is certainly in my top 3 books to read (the series) the author went I to so much detail about the littlest things it brings the reader closer to the characters. One thing that lacked was at parts the author could of carried on writing about certain scenes but instead jumped to the next scene. I would recommend this book to other people and I have. A brilliant book by all means necessary. I have loved every minute reading it.
on 20 April 2013
Loved loved loved the caster chronicles! Couldn't put them down especially at the end. If you liked twilight books you will love these too. Characters are really interesting, I loved them all, especially the main characters Ethan and Lena. I would definitely not miss out on these books and the complete series with all 4 books is a bargain. Download now, in my opinion there are not enough stars to rate, it's 10 stars!!!
on 28 July 2013
These books are a quick read and slightly better than the twilight series in terms of depth. I read the books b/c my friend's kid wants to read them and she wanted an opinion. Overall not quite mind numbing nor likely to send you into a fit of vapidness, but certainly not a timeless classic. Like I said, if you're looking for a quick mindless read with a neat plot and predictable outcomes this a good series overall.
on 11 April 2013
I only started reading this because I saw it advertised in the back of a book I was reading. So I was really surprised when it turned out to be really good. The story is different from all of the vampire stuff out there at the moment which is refreshing and there are lots of different twists and turns. Having the complete series in one place makes it a lot cheaper and I absolutely loved it. Very different and new.
on 6 August 2013
Brought this on the strength of it getting lots of good reviews and it being the subject type of book I love to read. What a disappointment, not very well written at all. The ideas are there and maybe the film will be much better but I regret spending the money on this omnibus version . I am actually feeling very relieved to have finally finished this book and look forward to starting reading something better.
on 6 March 2013
I enjoyed reading this. If you liked Twilight and Vampire Diaries then you'll probably enjoy this too. It is full of teenage angst and 'will they/'won't they' tension. There are some interesting characters and some mysteries. I would say that the series has grown on me as I've read on and the books have got better after the dramas of the first book. So, give it a go!!