on 25 June 2017
A fascinating read and one that I will definitely put into practice.

Having previously researched about the effects of gluten on gut health, I was curious to learn a bit more about the science behind it and how it affects the rest of the body. I have since cut out a lot of processed foods, i.e. crisps, biscuits, chocolate bars, cereals etc. which contain lots of sugars and gluten. This book has also made me more aware of how much carbs we consume - as the body converts this into glucose (sugar) and ultimately affects blood sugar levels in the body.

Whilst I will follow many of the tips provided, I don't think I would follow this diet strictly due to conflicting research out there. For instance, this diet advocates that you can eat as much animal proteins as you please (i.e. red meat, chicken, wild game) yet independent research studies indicate that humans process plant proteins better than animal proteins. There was little advice for those who choose not to have meat in their diet. Legumes are often consumed by vegetarians and vegans because they are sources of high protein yet this book says to eat these foods in "small amounts or just a couple times weekly"

It's difficult to come to a conclusion as to what the ideal diet is for everyone and prefer to listen to what my body tells me. Overall, a brilliant and eye-opening read about wheat and other gluten-containing foods and sugar.
on 22 January 2017
wonderful book, well worth reading. Gives clear information about the quality of grain available in UK and elsewhere today and how it can affect the health of individuals. I have read it and now dip into it as a reference book.
on 23 May 2015
Some of the information I already knew but the depth the author goes to with proof and science is first rate. Every household should have a copy of this book so we all make accurate informed decisions about our choice of fuel for our bodies. My GP will be advised to read it before being so quick on the draw with his prescriptions for antidepressants and statins too. An absolute must to read for anyone still scared to eat fat too!!! CUT THE CARBS NOT THE FAT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
on 4 February 2017
Very helpful explanation of why we feel sleepy after eating most carbs, porridge etc.
on 5 January 2017
Hard work but informative and quite an eye opener.
on 11 July 2017
I'm about 3 chapters into this book and I'm finding it fascinating. Highly recommended to anyone concerned with gluten intolerance or sensitivity, IBS, Celiac disease, or anyone wanting to take care of their health.
on 29 May 2017
I found this eye opening and very interesting.
Makes you look at food differently.
Also sent y Dad a copy of this and he reduced his cholesterol by a great margin.
on 25 February 2017
READ IT!!! It's 100% worth it! Read it and you'll know why... Usually this type of book is a pain to read - lots of "hay"... But this one is both interesting and revealing from PAGE#1!!! Gluten sensitivity is treated extensively with experienced examples of disease cures, etc.
on 2 April 2014
Brilliant book, well worth a buy if you are interested in better health. I am now gluten free, very little sugar or dairy and feel much better on it. The author also has a great web site and email updates.
on 19 July 2017
This is my bible!! I'm using this to fight ALS. Easy to follow and a mountain of knowledge. A real eye opener!!