on 8 December 2010
This is NOT your typical rock biography... The story of Mark Everitt is unique, compelling and unputdownable. It makes you laugh and cry at the same time. It is a very easy read - I finished this book in about 4 days as it is only 200 pages long. I would recommend this to ANYONE who is has an EELS CD at home.
on 28 March 2008
This was an amazing book-truthful and as honest as some one can be, Mr E from the Eels poured his heart and soul into this book about the hardships of his life, his many loves and the lessons we constantly learn each day. I loved this book so much that I even bought my friends a copy each so they could read it.
on 13 November 2010
I agree. I don't think I've ever heard an Eels song and don't own any of his stuff but this was a great read. The story really tells itself and its a fascinating one. It avoids self pity (unlike some similar stuff) and is thoroughly engaging throughout. An easy, moving read.
on 9 July 2009
This book is a must for any Eels fan. Provides a real insight iinto the man behind the music and an understanding of the large change in style between Daisys of the Galaxy and Souljacker. At times heart renchingly sad, a story of survival
on 17 January 2011
Sweet, funny and sad book at some stage, without useless cheesy feelings and fully optimistic. Easy to read, written "in your face", it makes you wanna listen to more Eels and really mind the lyrics.
on 21 October 2014
Never has an autobiography had me from tears to happiness from page to page. MOE has had one whirlwind of a life and it's made me appreciate him and his music even more. Seriously. READ THIS BOOK
on 26 July 2009
A fine book. Written in a straightforward manner, his story provides an effective link to his music and lyrics. Touching, amusing and uplifting. I love this man so I may be somewhat biased.
on 2 June 2014
I received the book well in time and packaged well also. Thank you for the excellent service. Mr Everett bared his soul and it requires another read. A must read for all E fans!
on 18 March 2008
Read the whole book in one sitting, one of the most interesting stories of someone in the Los Angeles music industry ever. His life, his music, everything, inspiring, yeah, great
on 27 January 2014
Very good read, even if you have no idea who he is or the EELS' music. I've read it 3 times over the years and have bought about 5 copies as presents for friends.