Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 12 June 2007
I have just finished reading this book and I really enjoyed it.

I liked the characters of Joe and Charlotte and found myself routing for them to get it together all through the book. Some of the characters were a little annoying and wanted to smack them on the head kind of thing lol but overall it was a really good sweet read. The children characters were written very accurately as well and if you love typical girly romance reads then I would definately recommend this :)
on 3 July 2004
After waiting for this book (having devoured Donovan's previous two) I was disappointed. The book revolves around Charlotte and Joe, who made wild and passionate love in a reckless roadside tryst just before Charlotte got engaged.
They then meet again over a decade later as Joe has to stay in a'safe place' because he is a key witness and information holder that will help put away some nasty criminals, and amazingly Joe lands in the same place that Charlotte is!
First of all, who decides to lose their virginity to a guy they've known for all of 10 minutes? Who the hell is that coy over the age of twenty now adays?
And it isn't surprisingly easy that Joe happens to be in the same place as Charlotte after she's just getting over the death of her husband?(Whom she didn't seem to love very much anyway?)
I really wanted this book to be excellent and it just didn't do it for me. The poems that Charlote uses as an outlet were frankly, embaressing and made me flinch as I read them.
The book is just one big sex novel really, as it doesn't have much focus on anything else.
Read Take a Chance On Me and Knock Me Off My Feet by Donovan, they are well worth your time and if you just want two people who are endlessly turned on by each other, and not much of a story then go for this. Even the happy ending is predictable, I mean it's obvious that Charlotte is going to go for Joe at the end because she makes it abundantly clear that she's been pining for him for over a decade!
But I feel I've been too nasty lol
It does have some sweet moments and Chralotte's kids are cute
The secondary characters are lovely in their protective nature and made me wish I had neighbours like that
This isn't the worst book I've read but I wish it had more depth and a better more plausible story instead of some really cringe worthy scenes.
Read it if you like that sort of stuff, but I wouldn't go for it again and I hope that Donovan's next book lifts it game alot more
living in hope... :)
on 21 September 2004
This is the first Susan Donovan book that I have read and I can say I would highly recommend it. The book was excellent about a woman named Charlotte who was unfortunate enough to be married to a guy with a low sex drive. Hence meet Joe, her one time pre-marriage tryst comes back thirteen years later. He convinces her it is normal to want to have sex and lots of it!
Great book Susan, I am ordering your others now...
on 12 March 2009
I have read other books by this author and I have to admit this book is not that great....In fact I wasn't even able to finish it! The characters are definately over sexed with very little "conversational chemistry". Quite annoying to read at times as well.

On the flip side SD's other books like Knock Me Off My Feet have been great reads! I would definately recommend them to people if they are looking for fun and sexy romantic fiction.
on 25 June 2013
A fantastic read I couldn't put down! A rollercoaster of emotion will have you laughing and crying. The story leaves you rooting for Joe to find and inform the love of his life - for 13 years that she is the one he wants