Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 9 October 2010
I really enjoyed the first book in this naughty romance series. So much so that I ploughed on and read book three whilst I was still waiting for this one to arrive! Needless to say, this is the one I'd been looking forward to reading the most: I was anticipating a complex, romantic read around the characters of sweet, quiet Jenna and aloof, hunky Gage- her ex-husband who she's clearly still in love with.

I was sort of right. The story itself has its ups and downs to be honest, though is a decent enough read. Without giving too much away, I felt that the actions of Jenna, a supposedly sweet girl, got a bit out of character at the start of the book--after that I just didn't enjoy the read as much as I was expecting and it got a bit predictable and cliché in places. The sex scenes though--phew! Much better than book three but still not as racy as those in book one. Take it from me, this isn't a book you want to read on the bus on the off-chance a little old lady might be peering over your shoulder!

A summary: Jenna wants a baby. Just because her marriage to Gage went awry, doesn't mean that he can't provide her with a `few of his best swimmers.' So, she sets in place a seduction, but doesn't bank on him planning on sticking around until he finds out whether or not he's going to be a father. Cue lots of `knotty' sex scenes and deep heart to hearts.

As I've said, this book is a fairly decent read. If you like your chick-lit spicy with a bit of something extra then this is a series of books you will probably enjoy. In my opinion, book one was by far the strongest, though I did warm to Gage if not Jenna- there's something about a broody, quiet man which just gets my pulse racing! Like book three, there's not a whole lot of knitting I'm afraid- just brief mentions here and there of the knitting group the women attend and of course, the obligatory knitting pattern at the end of the story if you are that way inclined. What this is however, is ultimately a story of loyal friendships, sex and romance- a good girly read to pass along to your mates. As I've now read them all, I'd recommend starting with book one and reading them in order.
on 25 February 2011
I did want to like it, because I enjoyed the first book in the series. Gabe is a very understanding man really... I suppose love does really conquer all!

This is all about how Jenna decides to get pregnant by basically drugging her ex husband who she's still in love with and well... you know the rest I suppose! Gage decides to hang around until they find out if she's pregnant. It's a very different way of writing a story. It didn't appeal to me on a human level, which is a shame because the characters are good and the writing style is funny. Oh well...
on 17 February 2011
Trying very hard to remember this is fiction and that it's not everyday a woman drugs a man to get herself pregnant...... how on earth the author came up with that one is beyond me. An excuse for a sex scene? Well, never fear, there are plenty. It's a shame, because the characters are sweet, but the story is just too far-fetched and uncomfortable - it could have been so much better.