Customer reviews

on 6 July 2015
It's very well written, but I fear the conclusion is not very convincing, the hero surviving against all the dads and perhaps the laws of physics! I can't say too much about the murder itself or the murderer without giving away the quite simplistic - within the concepts of the story - plot.

It was a good read though.....
on 20 April 2018
Terrific. Powering through it: as un-put-downable as others of his I've read.
on 24 June 2014
I really enjoy Peter Hamilton's books - and this one was no exception. I can imagine that he could write great poetry because along with a rich and engrossing ability to write amazing stories he writes very good descriptive prose. I have everything he has published. No pressure Peter - but when can we expect the next one?
on 18 June 2018
Clever, interesting and well written. Peter Hamilton's books are well worth the reading!
on 23 February 2014
This book is well written.The english is sound.This is verging on a detective novel and makes an interesting read. Having read a lot of Hamilton's work , I was ok with this trilogy. Together with the Nano Flower and Mindstar Rising the collection is an absorbing treat.I'm glad I took the time to read these stories.
on 11 December 2017
Enjoyed it, read all the Peter F. Hamilton books except the three Greg Mandel ones. Now I've read those too.
on 13 August 2016
Another great story from Hamilton.
If you've read and liked his other booksl you should like this. It's a very down to Earth story; literally, no zooming off into space in this one. Really strong and likeable characters and amazing attention to detail and as always a cunning plot!
on 23 March 2017
A different style of writing, Peter Hamilton still produces top-class work!
on 4 March 2016
More Great Stuff... as good as (or better than) the first book in the series ... and as soon as you've finished it you will be ordering the third. Excellent, fast paced, big imagination, rattling good read
on 5 January 2012
I liked the other works by this author. This is smaller and more compact - it flows as a novel of a detective working at his craft as well as a science fiction romp. Flows toward an end that is not disconnected from the body of the narative despite its SciFi Setting.
One person found this helpful