Customer reviews

on 20 July 2015
Very good book .
on 11 February 2016
Absolutely magical and wonderful, this was in a collection (Spells and Spirits), I hadn't read anything by this author before so thanks to the anthology for introducing me.
on 24 May 2015
In general I love Charles de Lint's work. Moonheart was my least favourite so far. Memory And Dream is definitely one of his most interesting and original stories. As always, the characters are the sort you wish you knew, and I include the city of Newford as a character in itself. The plot is really quite unusual and the ending was both sad and satisfying. Apart from the fantastical element, this story was really great in the way that the central character grew and changed; she does it like a real person not a book person, which means she screws up and has to rely on her friends, and is left regretting things sometimes. No neat tying up of loose ends or magic fixes. Whenever I finish a Newford story I always feel elated to have spent time in that world, and a little sad that I can't live there all the time.
on 24 July 2015
never heard of this author til I got a kindle edition of his short stories. bought this book as a result, guess I'm hooked now!
on 30 December 2015
awesome book by an awesome author. I never get tired of rereading this.
on 20 September 2014
Once again De Lint, delivers on style and content love the book .
on 7 January 2017
Another amazing work from Charles De Lint.
on 2 January 2016
One of his best. Couldn't put it down.
on 1 August 2000
as ever charles de lint has created a masterpiece, as with his other book de lint throws you into his magical world and makes you want to stay forever. The only downpoint of this book is that it has an end.