on 17 February 2012
This book is great for (girl) teens aged 14+.It's really well written to what teenagers are really like, by that I mean emotions and language. I honestly read this book in a span of 2 days flat. Ever since I read the first page, it was VERY hard to put it down. From what I got before I read 'Born at Midnight' the book it came off to me that it's ultra romantic and is going to be a decision between two ultra hotties with supernatural abilities but it isn't really that smooshy, which I love; smooshiness that is. It's more about Kylie (the main character)finding her self and meanwhile there's two guys that she's totally in too. I'd reccommend this book to those people who like humor, romance and supernaturals.
on 12 June 2013
This book is really hard to put down and I finished it within 3 days! Although there is one main story in the book, there's also other little stories that make you want to read more. The description of people and surroundings is really good and gives you a clear image of what people look like, and what the camp looks like. If you like Twilight, love stories with werewolves, vampires and supernatural creatures you will love this book. I am definitely buying the second book! Also really good price for such a good well written book on the kindle.
on 24 March 2015
I'm 14 and I thought this book was brilliant. I had just finished another series of books and I was looking for something different. I saw this and thought it might be good but didn't really think it would be all that interesting. But boy was I wrong. The characters are all perfectly portrayed and the storyline is amazing. The book includes Comedy, Action, Romance. The best thing about the book is that it is gripping and you really care for the characters. I would recommend this to all of my friends. GO READ IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED
on 14 July 2011
I brought this book to take on holiday with me as it came up on my recommendations on here, and the story sounded interesting. I didn't read any reviews so i didn't really know what to expect from C.C Hunter, and i have to say i wasn't disappointed. I was extremely impressed actually! I Really loved this book and couldn't put it down. I CANNOT wait for the next one in the series, "Awake at Dawn" which is out this year. Awake at Dawn: A Shadow Falls Novel
on 31 July 2014
Did not enjoy this novel. Found it very strange and relying too heavily on the supernatural nature of its genre as its selling point. Finished the book with no attachment whatsoever towards the characters and also the events within it are just so random and do not seem to have any relevance to the book (I'm thinking particularly of the escaped lion in the room: such a random scene that I actually found myself frowning as to the purpose of this).
on 2 February 2012
If you love paranormal genre books but don't know if you want fairies, vampires, werewolves or witches, then this book is for you, because it contains them all.
Following Kylie's journey of self discovery in this well written first book in the shadow falls novels is very engaging and you won't notice the time flowing. This is a really great book and has you reaching for the next, likable characters and an intriging plot make it a must have.
on 26 October 2011
I really loved this book, read it in just 1 day, I just couldn't put it down, a real page turner. Being a big fan of supernatural novels, this is most definately one of my all time favourite series, and would definitely recommend.
It has some very funny and loveable characters and I found myself laughing out loud whilst reading. It's very unique and is different to a lot of other supernatural books. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
on 10 June 2015
I personally struggle to find a book series that captures me and keeps me interested. This is the exception, I couldn't rate this book any higher Even if I tried.I myself enjoy series such as black dagger brother hood, immortals after dark, morganville vampires, bloodlines,Arcadia chronicles and vampire academy. If your looking for a interesting, captivating series full of beautiful supernaturals then I promise this is the book for you.
on 2 January 2013
OMG! This book is fantastic, great read and full of surprises. The main characters are brilliant, I Particularly love Derek! This is a great instalment in the series and I couldn't put it down. So glad I ordered all three I could In one go, so I could pick the next one up straight after!! Big tip! Buy ALL four when you order this series, this fifth is out in may!!
on 28 November 2013
I read the whole series in less than a month.
Amazing writing, addicting characters, the coolest school ever, what more can someone need?
Plus the most common dilemma: two perfect guys, at the same time: confusion, passion, pain regret, all mixed up to create an amazing setting for success!
Really well done!
I strongly recommend it to everyone!