on 22 May 2011
I bought this for my 3 year old who loves drawing and is starting to progress from "scribble" to pictures (when in the mood!) She loves it and dived straight in with her pen. We had a slight altercation when I rubbed out a bit of her drawing to demonstrate it could be deleted - apparently I should have asked permission! But she was soon happily tracing and rubbing out, tracing and rubbing out.

Then we had to go to work / nursery. That eveing when she came home she picked up the pen to do some more. But she had left the lid off (and in the usual rush to leave I hadn't noticed) and the pen had dried out, in about 10 hours! I was shocked and she was distraught. It was all my fault.

The next day I bought some white board pens from the pound shop, which had the added bonus of being in 5 different colours. Perfect - harmony was restored.

So - a recommended product, but get some spare pens in before you give it to your chuld, because let's face it every 3 year old is going to leave the lid off the pen at some point...!
on 7 August 2014
My 2.5 year old adores this and has really come along in a short period of time with her writing. We don't use the pen that came with it as it stains. Instead we got the crayola dry wipe markers and they are wonderful; especially when some of the lines in the back are coloured so she can match the colour and trace the line.
Activities include: horizontal lines, vertical lines, slanted lines, u shaped loops, v shaped paths, curly loops, tracing shapes like circles, squares, triangles and faces. In the end there are whole pictures to trace.
on 23 May 2016
I am a childminder and have many types of these books but this books is always last to be picked, if it was the only one you had it will keep children amused but there is more interesting books within this series. It is quite messy using the white board pen as it takes a few hand washes to get the kids hands clean.
on 7 January 2018
Excellent book to teach pen control....very good quality and I like that you can wipe it clean ready for the next practice session.
on 5 April 2016
Excellent learning material.

Catches my child's attention with the colours and shapes

I am not fussed if my child doesn't trace exactly but he loves to try to get it right, so long as he is mark making which this book encourages to do then we are happy!
VINE VOICEon 24 October 2012
I bought this for my 3 year old grandson and he loves it. He uses the 'special' pen to trace along the outlines and if he makes a mistake, he can rub it out and do it again. He loves it and the quality is excellent. I would recommend this, ideal for one of those rainy days indoors.
on 1 July 2013
Our three-year-old granddaughter loses interest in things quickly, but, she loves this--especially the fact that she can erase it and trace it again. Lots of interesting pictures and different angles so she gets practice moving the pen in different directions.
on 15 February 2014
Great to go round the shapes with the pen. Having said that I have not been able to get my grandson to sit with me to do much of it as he prefers to use the Ipad. But I do think the work book is very good.
on 28 April 2016
So good to use, would be nicer to have a better way to hold the pen for trips out.
on 23 September 2012
I made the mistake of letting my 3 year old open the package when it arrived, otherwise it would have been returned. The pen didn't work which is a pretty basic flaw, but she was so excited about playing with the book I had to go out and buy new whiteboard pens. She absolutely loves the book though, enjoys connecting the dots etc, and I am happy to see her pen control improving quickly. So overall a great product if only the pen worked.