Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 April 2017
What a story (diary)!! So sad on many levels, a real insight to prison life. I am a great believer in "lock them up, throw away the key"……… "do holder's are a pain", but after reading this book, I have to say it's made me think again. It's written in a way I didn't expect. All though as the title suggests, it is a diary. I have read almost every book Jeremy Archer has written, and found
on 21 April 2017
A Prison Diary Volume II was a very interesting book and being a personal experience of the author made it doubly so. It should have provided a much needed tomb for the home office minister at the time and his successors giving invaluable information. The fact that the prison officers were so understaffed and demoralised, and being unable to stem the tide of drugs should have spurred the government to much needed action, but unfortunately this does to appear to have happened.
on 14 June 2017
I really enjoyed this fascinating and very interesting book which I had to read for my book club. I then very quickly obtained the next two volumes, Pergatory and Heaven which I'm loving. It's clearly written with jaw-dropping information on almost every page. An experience for most of us but a realisation of how easy it would be to end up in this situation.
on 9 April 2017
Very factual and honest account of what must be a miserable experience for anybody. Archer conjures up a picture of a regulated life with Mars Bars being a favourite currency! His purchase of emeralds and fine art from behind prison walls somewhat diminishes the impression of just being one of the guys. It does offer a glimpse of a life we all hope never to experience, but there's no surprises or tension that would make it a page turner. The tone is very why me. I got fed up halfway through, but wanted to finish it just because I had bought it.
on 8 July 2017
This was very interesting and informative. Sounded a horrible experience but enlightening. An excellent read.
on 21 March 2017
Grrrr. None of the plates/ photos were in this kindle edition!? Considering all the way through the book it refers to ( see plate) I found it pretty annoying. The book is a brilliant insight into the jail system, 5 stars to Jeffrey once again. Minus one star as kindle edition is not complete.
on 2 March 2017
an enthralling tale of intrigue, injustice and account of prison life, showing difference between three category of prison and treatment in each
on 4 June 2017
This book is interesting in that I am sure it is neither totally fact or fiction. I know enough about life inside to sort out the fiction from the fact. It is also rather repetitive, but that is something I must expect from a diary. One day is like the next, but that is prison.
on 14 June 2017
Interesting, characters were thought provoking
on 7 April 2017