Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now

on 2 January 2009
Bought this book to get back into shape again, but disappointed to see that all measurements are American and most of the items are not available in UK. Also, no detailed menu suggestions are given on the phases, which leaves you on your own to organise your own menus. My recommendation would be to go with the original Atkins book, if interested in this method. This book doesn't add any value on top of what the original book.
11 Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2008
Bought this half expecting the recipes to be in american (cups) but was disappointed that so many of the ingredients are not available in the uk. I thought I should have waited for an english version and was right.
on 21 October 2010
I thought this was the new Atkins diet but it's not. It's basically just new recipes. Nothing interesting.
on 1 July 2009
this diet is sooooo easy to follow!!! although you may need to buy yourself some american measuring cups as this is a problem when it comes to the measurements, also you may have to do some research on alternatives to some food items as we dont have them here or they're called something else in england. other than this it is the easiest diet I have ever done and I seemingly lost half a stone in the first 2 weeks with what felt like doing nothing special!!! good luck!
on 16 July 2010
A new take on an old concept and for me it 'doesn't work'. It has tried to make the original Atkins diet (of which I am an avid follower) seem 'unhealthy' and given it 'the bill of good health' by adding more carbs which is not how the diet works. Having said that it is a healthy balanced eating option just like many otherson the market.
on 30 June 2011
I found this book difficult to read as it offers a plethora of information perhaps too much. For me, I just could not take it in and was not inspired to kick start my weight loss as I expected. We are all different so someone else who wishes to know all the nitty gritty might find this the tome for them - not for me.
on 22 May 2016
I like this book. It takes you week by week through 12 weeks of organization and exercise and covers all aspects of the Atkins program. There is a 2 week induction menu, then one week menus for adding 5 more carbs per day (so 1week at 25g,1 week at 30g etc up to 80g), giving plenty of menu ideas.
on 16 October 2014